Marshall Stanmore distortion issue

votes

Hey,

Just got a Marshall Stanmore, and when listening to calmer songs, I can hear a significant amount of distortion. Like a fuzzy overdrive.
Overall, the speaker sounds great, especially on higher volume, but I still can't get over the annoying distortion. Really low-key piano songs are virtually unbearable to listen to. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

asked 24 Apr 2017 at 07:00 PM

Robin Medin (2)
Even I feel there is a bit overdrive when it comes to heavier sounds. Even heavy metal (of things heavy metal on Marshall) sound terrible. Strangely, though, I find the sound to be generally better over Bluetooth vs 3.5mm/Coax (never tried optical). - Mirik _ 25 Sep 2017 at 05:00 PM
I tried changing the source but really not much. The best results I have are when playing via Macbook using iTunes and Windows (with Xonar DX and Realtek) on Foobar, Winamp, SPlayer etc. is worst. - Mirik _ 25 Sep 2017 at 05:01 PM
I'm getting this mostly with spoken voice with a lot of mids, like a youtube type podcast> Did anyone ever figure out the problem?

I also have a Woburn which is fine. First time I heard the sound I thought the person who's channel I was listening to had put the microphone too close and was breathing too hard or peaking the levels causing the distortion.
- Adrian Tysoe 05 Nov 2018 at 03:50 AM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...