Boss RC Loop Station

votes

If I wanted to purchase a loop station (Boss RC-30) and use that with my Marshall Code how could this be done since the loop station sits in between the Amp and guitar. If that is not supported is there something that is out their that would . That type of technology would be a good thing to add the foot switch. 

asked 04 May 2017 at 06:28 PM

Bradley Steshoski
Looper should be the last thing in your signal chain right before the amp in the case where there is no fx loop present. - Eugene Ooi 10 May 2017 at 01:06 AM
Answers: 1

votes

I use a Trio+ and, like any inline looper, the looper output is sent to the Code 50 along with the live guitar.  There is no problem doing this but remember that the amp has no idea that the signal is coming from a looper so what happens is that any effects you have the Code programmed to add to the signal will also be added to the loop.  This is an issue if you wanted, for instance, to have a clean rythmn from the looper and play a distorted lead along with the loop.  Your clean rythmn will also be processed through the FX programmed into the amp.  The Code does not have a dedicated FX loop so if you want to mix different FX from the looper and the live guitar, you need to process only the guitar signal with external pedals BEFORE it gets to the amp.

answered 16 May 2017 at 02:25 PM

Dave Witek (14)
Loading - please wait...