Naming your own Preset

votes

I see many other presets available form other people that are NOT Marshall assigned presets.  Most of these have a different name like a user name assigned by their creator.  How on earth does one name their own or edited preset so it can be assigned to the CODE and into the footswitch.  I specifically DO NOT want to save the edited preset under the original name like American OD or Plexi.  I would like my own name like -  Heavy Classic 1 and Heavy Classic 2 or 3.

asked 13 May 2017 at 06:40 AM

Kev Lawlor (1)
The easiest way is to save the preset to your amp. Then open the patch while using the Gateway app and change one of the settings. That will bring up the "SAVE" button in the app and you can change the name before saving. Most presets I download I end up tweaking something anyway, but even if you don't want to change anything else you can change something, save it, then change it back to what it was along with changing the name to whatever you want, and save it again.

If you don't want to mess with the Gateway app you can just use the knobs on the amp to change the name. It's a little tricky but the manual explains how to do it.
- Dennis Bowen 14 May 2017 at 12:26 PM
Answers: 1

votes

When on the library screen, you can touch the arrow on the right side that corresponds to the preset you want to change the name of and save.  On that next screen you can rename it. 

answered 14 May 2017 at 04:48 PM

Sean Nixie (6)
Loading - please wait...