CODE 25 sounds fizzy

votes

There's a noticeable bit of digital noise/fizz  in the output.  Fiddling with gain, volume, presence and resonance settings seems to help a bit.  Upping the gate settings only cuts it out when you're not playing, otherwise it pops back in as soon as you start, only now with sustain  and response issues associated with setting the threshold too high.

I've seen this issue noted on other boards, and the problem seems to be rooted in the signal processor. Does Marshall have a fix in the works?

asked 21 May 2017 at 05:06 PM

Peter McAteer (7)
Hi, me too. very annoying coz I don't hear it on any on-line demo vidz. Any answer pls Marshall? My amp is almost not worth it - Ken Gibson 22 May 2017 at 03:09 AM
I have had this problem since last year, I have been using a pedal board through the natural pre amp and not bothering with code settings, until there is a fix, a shame really as I bought the amp for code, and can't use it!! - Carl Forster 22 May 2017 at 10:49 AM
I notice this specifically on the DSL OD and 50s British pre-amps. Especially when playing an E, F#, or other low power chord. - Sean Nixie 29 May 2017 at 12:11 AM
Hi, me too, very bad sounds with my Les Paul a little better with my strat. even after firmware upgrade. especially with bluesbreaker and brit sounds. - Philippe GUITTET 25 Nov 2017 at 09:50 AM
Hi Philippe,

Thank you for your message, there was an update to eliminate this issue, do you have the latest Firmware.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 27 Nov 2017 at 11:36 AM
Answers: 5

votes

I hate this saying, but I think "it is what it is" with these amps. 

What I keep reminding myself is my CODE 50 is a $249 combo amp that is trying to emulate the sound of probably $20,000 worth of amps, cabinets and effects.  It sounds pretty good and is lot of fun to mess around with, but I don't think we can expect perfection at this price point. 

I also have never had the opportunity to run it direct to either recording software or through a PA.  I'm wondering if any deficiencies are less noticable in these situations, especially since most of the demo videos I have seen the sound is amazing. 

I find with mine, I love the crunchy Marshall rhythm sounds but there seems to always be some garbled noise going in the background, even on low to moderate gain settings. 

answered 31 May 2017 at 06:43 PM

Dennis Bowen (20)
And when the Code 100 head has the same issue? - Peter McAteer 04 Jun 2017 at 10:57 PM

vote

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your message, we are looking into this issue.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall

answered 22 May 2017 at 08:35 AM

Thanks Team Marshall. A firmware update that eliminated this problem would be a big PR win for Marshall. - Peter McAteer 22 May 2017 at 10:29 PM

votes

My CODE 50 has this same issue. It is worse on the Marshall models than anything else!

answered 24 May 2017 at 12:42 AM

justin allen (3)

votes

I have the same problem with most of the cruntch amp /Overdrive settings on some cases the guitar sounds out of tune.. it's a little less if i reduce gain and guitar volume 

answered 24 Jun 2017 at 02:34 AM

Jose Juan Pliego (2)

votes

I have the latest updates installedHardwa (with the new Gateway app.)
Hiss is satill there when playing.

Hardware rev v1.1
Bootloader V0.6
MCU v1.47
DSP v1.2
BT v3.1

answered 19 Oct 2022 at 03:35 PM

Bram Flippo (1)
Loading - please wait...