What would you call the presets in comparison to known songs?

votes

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the Code 50 amp.  In fact, I only owned one amp before this, and had no effects pedals, so I'm very new to this sort of stuff.

I'm trying to work out the different effects and how they really sound, so my question is this: Do you have suggestions (maybe known songs or bands) that the different presets would sound like?  For example (and this is not accurate, just an example), the Old School preset is similar to what was used in the verses of My Sharona.

Any suggestions from any of you?

Leigh

asked 23 May 2017 at 10:12 AM

Leigh May (1)
great question....great question....download the ledzep ones and listen to ledzep1... :-) - dave thomas 23 May 2017 at 11:09 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Remeber that the guitar, pickups and pickup location will influence the sounds, as well.  I've been working with my Code 50 for several months now.  The first thing I did was run through each and every of the 100 presets.  Soon enough you'll start to get used to a few that you really like.  There are also presets that you can download on this site and insert into the amp for specific bands.  I've kinda settled onto several of the clean and OD amps then use the Gateway to tune the sound to a band I'm trying to emulate and save it with the band or song your trying to get close to.

There are also several that sound different between low and high volumes which are mostly the older Marshall amps like a JTM and Plexi.  This reaction to volume is how the real amps acted so they've tried to mimic that in the Code.  I will say that watching YouTube videos of others tuning the amp and doing demos has also helped.

answered 25 May 2017 at 04:32 PM

Dave Witek (14)
I started by listening to all the presets, then made a list of them all along with a note about it on paper so I would know which ones are keepers or horrible so when I download new ones I would know which presets to overwrite. I think at this point I have either overwritten or at least tweaked all 100 of them. Even the presets I download that I like I end up tweaking a little for my taste. When I make a preset, instead of trying to make it sound like a specific song I usually start out just making a preset that I like, then if it reminds me of a song I might name it that. Otherwise they get names like "Classic Rock Crunch" or something like that. - Dennis Bowen 31 May 2017 at 06:22 PM
Loading - please wait...