Inherant Marshall Foot Pedal problem

votes

I own 4 Marshall Pedals. The bottom plates on all of them is warping up and cracking badly on all of them. What appears to be happening is the rubber bottom is shrinking and making the pressed powdered metal bottoms to crack ad warp.  This makes the bottoms open in the center by several milimeters and the pedals no longer sit flat on a surface and in fact  rock front to back. 

I need to know if I can buy replacement bottoms for them. These arent cheap pedals and I'd like to keep using them. The problem with the rounded bottoms make them highly unstable and even a hazzard.  more then once I went to step down on one and the rounded bottoms have caused me to loose my footing and nearly fallen.  This can be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Its OK to make the pedal bodies out of powdered metal. Most manufactures do because its used in injection moulding,  but your company is the only one O've seen using it for bottoms. Most manufacturers are wise enough to know you need a steel plate for the bottom.  The white metal is not a stable rigid compound and can fracture easily.  The rubber bumper is either shrinking on one side or expanding on the other making the plate expand and crack.

This really needs to be addressed by Marshall. It only takes one musician falling because of this manufacturing defect and Marshall will be in a lawsuit. 

I simply want to purchase new bottoms. The warping is so bad at this point I cant use the pedals properly.  If I remove the screws the bottom plates will simply crumble to bits. These pedals were bought over a series of years from several sources too so its not a batch problem its a manufacturing flaw.

asked 16 Jun 2017 at 01:40 PM

William Gary
Answers: 2

votes

Hello William,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your pedals please can you e-mail me at jgreen@marshallamps.com, let me know where you are based and we will do our best to source you some new bottom plates for your pedals. 

answered 19 Jun 2017 at 10:15 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

My recently purchased rg-1 pedal has a rubber bottom plate , perhaps one of these will fit the older versions ?

answered 02 Jul 2017 at 10:39 AM

Paul Males
Loading - please wait...