Use a loop pedal with code 50?

votes

Hey guys, what would be the best set up for using a loop pedal with a code 50? Is it possible?

OR is there a way to start/stop recording with the looper preset via the footpedal?

Thanks in advance ;)

asked 21 Jun 2017 at 05:35 AM

Alex Hare
Answers: 2

votes

I don't know of a way to signal other devices through the footswitch but I use a looper on my CODE 50 with a Digitech Trio+.  I have the looper as the last thing before going into the amp input.  Remember that the sound of anything you record will be influenced by your amp settings during playback.  So, if you record, for example, a loop that is very clean then add an effect in the amp the looped portion will also have that effect added to it.  I've gotten to the point with the CODE 50 that I don't do much in-amp processing if I'm doing any kind of looping and let my pedals do most of the processing.  That way the loops don't get changed when going through the amp.  Kind of removes the reason for a modeling amp but that's what works for me.

answered 07 Jul 2017 at 04:13 PM

Dave Witek (14)
Thanks very much Dave! I just wanted to make sure that whatever effects I've got going on in the amp will come through the loop pedal. I haven't bought one yet but wanted to make sure a loop pedal would play well with the code 50. Thanks! - Alex Hare 10 Jul 2017 at 06:20 AM
Well, it's not the amp going into the looper. I assume the looper is first in the chain then into the amp. So, anything you record in the looper is going to be clean UNTIL it gets into the amp then it will be acted upon by whatever effects you are using within the amp. If the amp had an fx out jack it would go into the looper with the effects but it does not. - Dave Witek 31 Jul 2017 at 08:16 PM

votes

I've got a Boss rc30 and am finding when I play over a loop, into the code, the loop sound breaks up.  

answered 13 Dec 2021 at 08:53 AM

Paul Howard
Loading - please wait...