JVM 205C

votes

HI just got  a new (3 days old) JVM 205C and played it a couple of times then when I went to turn it on again it will not make a sound!

It starts and all the tubes light up but when you turn off the standby nothing happens and no sound at all comes out, not a click as if the standby swith is doing nothing.

I did read the manual about the FX loop button muting the amp without effects plugged in but I have tried everything I can think of so far, guitars, leads other power sockets but no go!

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks

Mark

asked 27 Jun 2016 at 12:07 PM

Mark Pianca (3)
I'm having the same issue with the JVM 215C. - James Greenfield 01 Jul 2016 at 02:27 AM
Answers: 3

vote

Email our team at jgreen@marshallamps.com who will be able to advise next steps. As your amp is covered under warranty, they will be best placed to help!

edited 04 Aug 2016 at 02:20 PM

Chris Robinson (338)

answered 13 Jul 2016 at 05:40 PM

Chris Robinson (338)

votes

since you ruled out the fx-loop mute, it may very well be a tube related problem, which could have taken out the HT fuse inside the amp

tubes being lit, doesn't say if they're working or not, but most of the time, you should also see a blue-ish glow inside the glass of the powertubes, when the amp is in playmode... in standby mode this glow isn't there

the glow looks like this:

answered 29 Jun 2016 at 10:57 PM

john bolier (37)

votes

Both switches need to be in the ON position in order to play. -Rod-

answered 04 Aug 2016 at 03:27 AM

Rod Venger (1)
Loading - please wait...