Pairing Android S5 Bluetooth with CODE 50

votes

Well,  I've read through all the questions and answers I can.  My Android used to pair fine with my CODE 50.  Now, it will not connect.  I've reinstalled firmware, reinstalled the Gateway app, deleted and re-paired the amp.  Very frustrating.  It seems there are lots of issues with this.  I can hear the amp pair with the phone via bluetooth, but it will not connect with the Gateway.  "Connecting..." appears and doesn't go away.  I'm bummed.  This was a fun amp, but if the bluetooth doesn't work...  anyone got a fix?  Thanks.  Bill

asked 08 Aug 2017 at 02:30 AM

bill burke
Answers: 3

votes

Hello Bill,

Have you recently updated your Android phone?

Team Marshall

answered 08 Aug 2017 at 08:25 AM

Yes, I recently updated my android. Galaxy S5. Android version 6.0.1 The Gateway connected late on Aug 8, but last night and tonight, no such luck. Not sure how it connected but now, no such luck. Any help or direction would be appreciated. I love this little amp, but without the bluetooth it's not as fun or easy to go through the setting and make my own changes. Thanks for the help. Bill - bill burke 10 Aug 2017 at 01:09 AM
I turned off phone, deleted app. reinstalled app. got the gateway to work tonight. I'll comment again tomorrow if it doesn't work for some reason... - bill burke 10 Aug 2017 at 02:00 AM

votes

Yes, I recently updated my phone.  I was able to get the Gateway to connect late last night - I have no idea how it connected.  Tonight.  no such luck.  "Connecting..." continues to show on my Android.  If you have a fix, I'd love to get it.  Thanks.  Bill

answered 09 Aug 2017 at 01:56 AM

bill burke

votes

Another thing to try is to clear all previous bluetooth pairings, the Gateway app tries to pair with the first device in the paring list, if it isn't the Code it won't pair. So delete (unpair) all others so you're list is empty, then pair with the Code and then ope the Gateway app.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Jools

answered 17 Aug 2017 at 10:46 PM

Jools Turrall (2)
Loading - please wait...