CODe 50 foot switch

votes

Has anyone had any experience using a wireless system on the foot switch for the code? Just an idea I've had to save another lead across the stage. 

Luke 

asked 26 Aug 2017 at 10:28 AM

luke shettle (2)
Hi Luke.

Apologies for only responding to you now i.e. I saw your post some time ago but did not have the answer at the time. I do NOW have the answer (in spades)!!! LOL!!! See my other threads re: footswitches and you'll know what I mean i.e. I've become a bit of an expert (at least on the PEDL-91009 footswitch)!!! LOL!!!

The answer is NO. It will not work. The reason being that somehow Marshall has gotten it right to provide power to the footswitch (as well as data) using only the mono 1/4" cable supplied (ordinary mono instrument cables also work). Obviously if you try to plug in a wireless system there is no physical connection between amp. and footswitch so no power. This being said (and I do not know how to do this): if you could figure out how to supply power to the footswitch independent of the amp. then MAYBE a wireless system would work although this would result in your having to have a power adapter on stage so even if this worked it's not really saving you anything let's face it.

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 03 Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...