Marshall CODE100C / Marshall CODE100H Available

votes

Well for some of you this should "make your day"!!!  Couldn't resist posting about this!!!  Hope you don't mind my "stealing your thunder" Team Marshall!!!

At least one retailer / supplier in the UK received their shipment of both the CODE100C and CODE100H yesterday!!!  Unfortunately they did not receive any seperate PEDL-91010 footswitches though (so my problem is not yet solved but, nevertheless, this is good news is it not???).  I see that there is a 4 x 12" CODE cab. available as well (for the CODE100H).  Nice. 

I have also contacted Amazon (UK) and they are contacting Marshall to see when they will receive the amps. and footswitches (and they promised to get back to me today so I will update once I hear from them).

There is also a retailer / supplier in the US that expects to begin shipping tomorrow (29th) apparently.

Have fun!!!

Unfortunately I'm "up to my ears" in Marshall CODE amps. so I cannot see myself ordering CODE100's anytime soon.  But it'd be really great to hear from those of you that do indeed manage to get their hands on them (especially the CODE100H with the 4 x 12" cab.).  Let us know what they're like.  My bet is that they sound just as good as any 100W valve head / cab. if set up right (I still marvel at the sound of these CODE amps. to be honest i.e. unless you have a REALLY "good ear" or are a "purist" you have to listen pretty darn hard to tell the difference) (if set up correctly of course).

Regards,

Dale.

asked 28 Sep 2017 at 11:06 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Got my 100H 2 days ago. It is well worth any wait. - Mark Hallman 01 Oct 2017 at 01:41 AM
Congrats Mark. Nice to hear.

As a matter of interest: was the PEDL-91010 bundled with the head (it was supposed to be anyway)???

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 01 Oct 2017 at 08:10 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Dale,

My PEDL 91010 is arriving tomorrow, but that would be a separate purchase.  It gives more functionality to use the presets in a live situation, but you could easily use stomp boxes for that.  I would assume they sound great and you could 4-cable them using the effects loop.  

The footswitch that comes with the 100H selects the next preset up or down.  It is not programmable, and so it is not "gigable" with the stock footswitch alone if you want to change various effects.

answered 01 Oct 2017 at 12:55 PM

Mark Hallman (25)
Hi Mark.

Sorry to bother but may I ask you if you received your PEDL-91010 and from which stockist you purchased it (I'm going to try to leave a private email address below)???

I have a rather unique problem (or so it would seem) i.e. I run 2 x CODE amps. (CODE25 or CODE50 depending on the situation) in stereo (there's an entire thread around these parts on this topic). Long story short is that I need to be able to control both amps. in use simultaneously and have not been able to do this using the PEDL-91009. I've tried everything with these footswitches and no luck (short of buying a third one just to control the other two). Point is: I'm keen to try the PEDL-91010 to see if this will control two amps. at once (or, maybe, patch two of them together and see what happens). Problem is: I'm getting some really conflicting information from Marshall themselves as to the availability of the PEDL-91010 etc. and the retailers that I have contacted in this regard have also been less than helpful (including our local importer and distributor). I know it's purely an "up and down" footswitch but I reckon it could be used live just as long as you have your presets set up to suit.

Anyway. Hope this thing does not delete my email address which is dpaterso65@gmail.com.

Thanks Mark.

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 03 Oct 2017 at 12:03 PM

votes

I don't believe the CODE 25 and 50 are amenable to a stereo setup.  Having a stereo setup (using other amp and cabs) myself, I don't see the rationale to use 2 CODEs for that. They are better suited to other applications.  If you would like a stereo setup, there are better ways to accomplish that.  Do the 50s have a power amp out?  You could maybe run that through a stereo pedal and then run left and right outputs to separate speaker cabs or a 4 x 12 that you could split.  This setup would probably work better with the 100H.  Don't forget to switch the impedance load when you  power more than one cab.

I got my gear on an online music supplier  in the US.  Stock is good. I don't believe  it's appropriate  to say whom on a forum like this.  You should upgrade the footswitch if you want to gig multiple presets per song, or just use stomp pedals.

answered 07 Oct 2017 at 05:36 AM

Mark Hallman (25)
Hey Mark.

Thanks for the input.

I included a private email address in my previous post so that you could send me details of the supplier without posting on a public forum.

My setup sounds great really. I use a stereo delay (stompbox) to split the guitar signal to each of the CODE amps. and use slightly different FX etc. on each amp. which is giving me a really monster sound (call it "live double tracking" if you like). The CODE amps. are then micd. up and go through a mixer to an Alto Pro PA system (stereo setup obviously with 2 x subs. etc.) My only problem is not being able to change presets simultaneously on both amps. hence my wanting to try the PEDL-91010. As per a lengthy discussion on another thread it's possible to do this using MIDI and it does work but it necessitates having to have a notebook on stage and it's not a workable / reliable situation for live performance. The PEDL-91009 is an intelligent footswitch and I have two of them but they cannot be patched together not by splitting the input / output nor by DIRECTLY bridging the switches between the two footswitches. There is a third option that I know will work (have thoroughly tested) but I wanted to try the PEDL-91010 (x 2) first. Anyway. No matter I guess. The PEDL-91010 is limited in its operation as you say so I guess I may as well order the necessary parts and combine the two PEDL-91009 footswitches and have done with it.

Would still like to get my hands on 2 x PEDL-91010 footswitches though (if for no other reason than to prove a point).

Regards,

Dale.

P.S. Dunno why there is a double post i.e. tried to edit and delete the first comment made but for some reason or the other the delete does not seem to have worked. Sorry folks.
- Dale Paterson 07 Oct 2017 at 09:17 AM
Loading - please wait...