buzzing noise from amp when plugged in

votes

I use a marshall code25, which I have bought recently for home playing. The problem is , when the guitar is plugged in and the amp switched on I get a lot of buzzing noise. No noise when played.

I have checked the grounding and cables everything, but the noise does not seem to go away

can someone help with some troubleshooting?

asked 07 Oct 2017 at 03:16 AM

monoj chakraborty
is it buzzing or an ac hum from a single coil pickup?...are you too close with humbuckers and a high gain setting?
- john cartelli 13 Oct 2017 at 07:43 PM
i use a 10ft cord but even when right at the end, it still has a lot of noise, even when I keep my hand on the bridge. This happens, irrespective of any setting on the amplifier or the pick up position. But yes, at single coil, the humming is more intense.
thanks
- monoj chakraborty 14 Oct 2017 at 02:23 AM
does it buzz only with guitar plugged in?.( this may narrow it down to an amp problem if buzzing with no guitar plugged in)..have you tried a QUALITY cord for the guitar?.(if no buzzing with a quality cord then it was your old cord),, .have you tried a different guitar.(if no buzzing with different guitar then it is an electrical issue in the original guitar) is this noise only on high gain high volume presets?..does it go away if you turn the amp lower in volume?....is it the same noise as the single coil ac hum or more of a static (crackling)type noise...there are so many things that could cause this you have to be more specific... - john cartelli 15 Oct 2017 at 12:30 AM
Answers: 1

votes

I have the same issue. Try grounding your amp. It solved my problem. What I did I bought a two prong adapter with a ground pin connector provision for the three prong plug. I connected a long wire to the GROUND PIN connector and connected the wire to an exposed rebar of the house to ground the amp. The grounding issue solved and also the hum is gone. I hope this helps.  

edited 10 Dec 2021 at 05:40 PM

Oliver Tejada

answered 10 Dec 2021 at 05:38 PM

Oliver Tejada
Loading - please wait...