Do I really need the cabinets for a good sound?

vote

Hello guitar players,

today I got my new Code 100 head and connected it with my 2x12 speaker 1936 from marshall. I tried the presets and they sound very cool but the sound is in my opinion a little bit to muffled and not clear enough.

So I kicked out the cabinet in the settings and then the sound is very clear and cool for me. But whats exactly the sense of the cab when it sounds not good in my opinion. Do I really need them?

Thanks for your answers! :)

asked 10 Oct 2017 at 05:25 PM

Ralf Leitner (1)
Hi Ralf,

1936 is a top-rated cab. You did the right thing!
- CHITO REFUERZO 11 Oct 2017 at 04:49 AM
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Ralf.

The goal of the cabinet simulation is to replace a real cabinet. 
So if you use it, you HAVE to use a SONO cabinet which is neutral-tinted.
And when you use your 2x12 speaker 1936, you HAVE to kick out the cabinet simulation, as you've done.

So you're right in your opinion.

answered 10 Oct 2017 at 07:15 PM

Philippe CABAU (3)

votes

Your ears told you what was correct.

answered 30 Jun 2018 at 07:48 PM

Gator Milden (2)

votes

I tried to connect a 4 Ohm HiFi loudspeaker to my Marshall Code 25 to the external loudspeaker connection that was easily built in later. Without loudspeaker simulation, the HIFI Speaker sounds like a piezo loudspeaker from a cheap children toy. It sounds much  better with the Code speaker simulators. Well done Marshall! However, it sounds still too much like baby squawking and there is not enough pressure on it. In any case, it's not much fun. It really sounds good with my 4x12 Vintage30/Greenback Mixture Cabinet. Just as I expect when I compare it with my 1987x or JTM45 with THD Hot Plate attached. Well, you need good speakers. If the Marshall Code cabinet is good enough, I can't answer. But I'm sure HIFI speaker were not used by Marshall.

answered 21 Nov 2021 at 11:53 AM

Alex Thies (16)
Loading - please wait...