Marshall CODE Firmware Updates Suggestion and Sidenote

votes

Hello.

Just downloaded the latest firmware updates and updated all my CODE amps. (almost a full-time job lemme tell ya!!!  LOL!!!  Only joking!!!).  No problems with the updates at all.

I do, however, have a suggestion Team Marshall:

Can you not change the firmware updates page to reflect the current firmware revision and release date (and, if it's not TOO much trouble, maybe include all previous firmware versions and their changelogs)???

Reason for my suggestion above:

Only reason I knew that there was a new firmware update was because I was browsing presets and happened to notice that a new section had been created detailing presets contained in the newest firmware version.

In other words: it'd be nice to know as and when new firmware updates become available so that we all know to download and install the latest firmware updates.

As for the sidenote mentioned in the title of this message:

Be aware that although the new firmware includes some new presets and the website indicates that it does not overwrite existing presets: this is only true if you do NOT reset your CODE amp. to factory defaults after the latest firmware update.  In other words: if you download and install the latest version of the firmware and then reset your CODE amp to factory defaults then the NEW presets take effect and the old, original, factory default presets are overwritten.  Not really a big issue but you need to be aware anyway.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 11 Oct 2017 at 06:07 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
When was the latest firmware update released? - Peter McAteer 13 Oct 2017 at 01:33 AM
Hello.

On 10/10/2017.

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 13 Oct 2017 at 09:27 AM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Dale,

We have put this forward to our R&D team

Thanks

Team Marshall

answered 24 Oct 2017 at 09:11 AM

votes

Hello.

Just to say thanks i.e. I see that there is now a little block on the firmware update page informing users of the current / latest version of firmware available.  Nice.  Thanks again.  Much easier.

Regards,

Dale.

answered 25 Nov 2017 at 07:47 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...