CODE 50 Preset update

votes

Hi, 

I have a CODE50 (1 week).

After editting a preset, I click and hold the exit/store button to save the changes I made.   The changes are stored but the CODE then "freeze"..  no sound, no change possible,...    After switch off/on, everything is back to normal.  The preset is updated.    

Same thing is happening when I store the preset in the footcontroller...  

Is that "normal"?   Am I doing something wrong?   I presume that I'm not supposed to do a switch on/off everytime that I want to store a present change...   

Thanks

asked 28 Mar 2021 at 06:56 PM

Pierre D
Answers: 4

votes

Disconnect the footswitch (just to be sure that it has no influence) and install new firmware (or reinstall existing firmware, supposed that you have latest version).

My suggestion: don't update firmware via browser, use Windows Firmware Update Utility instaed.

answered 28 Mar 2021 at 08:00 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

Hi Pierre,

Could you please email us on servicedesk@marshall.com , and we will get your details to the correct team to get this sorted for you.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 29 Mar 2021 at 07:41 AM

votes

hi Pierre,

I have the same problem regarding saving and freezing. What was the solution pointed out by Marshall?

Cheers,

Pedro

answered 05 Apr 2021 at 04:22 PM

Pedro Faria

votes

Hello Pedro,

I sent my code50 back for "repair".  As i got it less than 30 days ago, the supplier will send me a new one...  hopefully fully functional :)

Cheers

Pierre

answered 07 Apr 2021 at 07:37 PM

Pierre D
Hi again Pierre thanks for the feedback. My dealer also proposed me to send it back for "repair". I'm still trying to assess if this is a firmware/software problem or a physical component issue. I will wait a couple more weeks when it is more convenient.
Could you please just add a short info once you get the new unit in?
Thanks again!
- Pedro Faria 08 Apr 2021 at 09:29 AM
Hi, within less than 2 weeks, the faulty unit was sent back and new CODE50 sent to me... and it works like it should :) - Pierre D 19 Apr 2021 at 07:12 PM
Hi Pierre, that's great news. I have to send mine back still! Txs for the feedback. Cheers - Pedro Faria 20 Apr 2021 at 07:46 AM
Loading - please wait...