Marshall Code50 - no sound after 15-20 seconds of plugging in

votes

Hello,

I purchased a marshall code 50 in the USA from Guitar center in Jan of this year. Now, there is an issue where the sound from the amp speaker cuts off after 15-20 seconds of plugging my guitar in. I can still hear the guitar if I use any headphones. Upon contacting the store they suggested to contact Marshall directly since there wasn't a specific type of coverage on the amp I purchased. So my question is how can i contact marshall USA to get this resolved? It doesn't seem super straightforward to find their info online. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kshitij

asked 02 Apr 2021 at 06:10 PM

Kshitij Pandya
Answers: 5

vote

Could you share what the problem was?

It may be someone else has the same issue.

Thanks

answered 05 Apr 2021 at 12:05 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

If the amp is faulty and only a few months old then I would have thought its the retailers reponsibility!

Obviously its easier for GC to wash thier hands of it and ask you to do all the work.

I live in the UK and it would absolutely be the responsibility of the retailer. In something so new they would almost certainly just replace the item imediately.

If it is faulty (and it sounds like it) I think you should ask for a replacement, if they refuse to have anything to do with it I would check local retail laws where you live.

answered 03 Apr 2021 at 09:34 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

Hello

I have noticed something that may be relavent to your amp issue. I have seen the amp change patches, reset, give a loud click etc after around 30 seconds of playing. This seems to coincide with "something" happening with the bluetooth connection on my phone. 

Have you tried disconnecting all your connected devices from bluetooth. I have seen this strange behavier with bluetooth, especially when I have multiple phones/tablets connected to it. I know only one is connected at a time, but I think there is some strange interactions taking place. I was thinking it may be worthwhile trying going through any devices you have connected and getting them to "forget" the code to see if that helps.

answered 05 Apr 2021 at 09:53 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
Hello,
Thanks a bunch for the suggestion. I was seeing this issue before trying to establish any bluetooth connections with the amp. But, I did see some weird behavior when trying to play around with the bluetooth connectivity. So when I start the amp and enable bluetooth pairing and then cancel it, I can hear the sound for about 3-4 seconds before it goes silent again. So it may very well be related to what you described.

On the other hand, Marshall support responded to my email and they're trying to send me a list of local music repair shops that are Marshall authorized service centers. So I'll probably just take the amp at the earliest to get it fixed for good.

Thanks again,
Kshitij!
- Kshitij Pandya 05 Apr 2021 at 08:01 PM

votes

Thanks my issue has been fixed.

?
?
?

edited 06 Jul 2021 at 12:27 PM

jacky joy (2)

answered 05 Apr 2021 at 10:54 AM

jacky joy (2)

votes

I also bought Marshall Code50. But the trouble is that I am not getting sound after 15-20 seconds of plugging in. So for the resolution I go the center and they replace it with a new one. So I am enjoying the new Marshall Code50. 

edited 08 Apr 2021 at 05:27 AM

norkiya zoodi

answered 08 Apr 2021 at 05:25 AM

norkiya zoodi
Loading - please wait...