Please make amp connection less odd in android ...

votes

well, it seems quite odd connect the amp with the app.

I'm able to pair my amp correctly and play music through it but it is nearly impossible to connect within the app. I said 'almost' impossible because for a few times it happened.

I can't explain, sometimes the pair/unpair process or the remove/reinstall the app or both, but it's painful and annoying. It isn't properly plug & play. 

Also I tried to clear the bluetooth cache, the app cache, disabling wifi .... get out the dog..

Do something, please.

Massimo

edited 24 Nov 2017 at 01:20 PM

Massimo Romagnani

asked 27 Oct 2017 at 10:02 AM

Massimo Romagnani
Doing this procedure, the first time try to connect and says 'not connected' and the second says 'connecting' but never connect.
turn the amp off

turn the amp back on
click on 'Rev and Power' on the amp and a blue light should start flashing
go back into your Bluetooth settings and pair with the amp
go into the app
on the left hand side of the app there should be a red tab that says connect
click on connect
- Massimo Romagnani 27 Oct 2017 at 10:19 AM
Hi Massimo,

Thank you for your message, sorry you're having trouble with your Bluetooth connection, can I ask which device you have.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall
- Lee Tomlin 27 Oct 2017 at 10:29 AM
samsung J7

thanks for your support
- Massimo Romagnani 27 Oct 2017 at 11:09 AM
Hi Massimo,

When you have connected to the Gateway app, did it all work as it should, we suggest you unpair after every connection and start a fresh one each time, if you're having trouble with the auto connect.

Kind Regards

Team Marshall
- Lee Tomlin 30 Oct 2017 at 09:29 AM
Answers: 3

votes

thanks, I think I solved the problem and this solution could be useful for someone else.

1 - unpair the amp with bluetooth

2 - go to  settings -> applications -> application manager -> all applications (including system apps)

3 - click on 'bluetooth share' and clear the memory and the cache

4 - redo the pair process, restart the app (gateway) and connect.

this seems to work every time.

Max

answered 30 Oct 2017 at 09:50 AM

Massimo Romagnani
it's obvious that clearing the cache/memory you loose all your bluetooth settings - Massimo Romagnani 30 Oct 2017 at 09:52 AM

votes

The only thing that works for me is to reset all network connections, which means all my paired Bluetooth Devices and saved WiFi connections are getting lost.

Even after that, the connection with Gateway works only once. Then I have to reset the settings again.

This seems to be a major android Bluetooth problem with at least all Samsung Galaxy Smartphones.

Please, Marshall, further investigate this issue and try to fix it.

answered 02 Nov 2017 at 09:17 AM

Torben Keller (17)
Hi Torben,

Thank you for your message, we will be looking into this for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 02 Nov 2017 at 10:47 AM
Hi Torben,
you don't need to reset all network connections, be sure to unpair the amp and disable Bluetooth, then clear the memory and the cache on bluetooth share.
hope this help.

Massimo
- Massimo Romagnani 02 Nov 2017 at 11:08 AM
Hi Massimo,
this procedure doesn't work for me. Still unable to pair in the Gateway app. Bluetooth cache on my phone is always empty btw.
- Torben Keller 02 Nov 2017 at 11:39 AM
too optimistic, I'm not able to connect the amp again. No matter trying to clearing the bluetooth cache or reset the all network connection. After few times I'm back to the initial problem. - Massimo Romagnani 15 Nov 2017 at 06:58 PM

votes

Hi Torben,

We have tested the Samsung connection on devices here and we have not come across this issue, could you please use the link below, following Reconnecting for a New Session

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/838/code---gateway-bluetooth-connection-troubleshooting

Marshall Support

edited 02 Nov 2017 at 02:36 PM

answered 02 Nov 2017 at 02:34 PM

Hi Team Marshall,

this doesn't work for me either. The Code is listed under "Amps Detected", but when I want to connect with Gateway, nothing happens.
- Torben Keller 07 Nov 2017 at 09:38 PM
Just tried it again:
When I reset all network and bluetooth connections, everything works fine, the first time I connect the amp. While working, I disconnected the code manually from gateway in the menu and immediately tried to connect it again. result: doesn't work anymore. So I assume it only works once after resetting all connections?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0
- Torben Keller 07 Nov 2017 at 10:56 PM
Hi Torben,

If you have disconnected the Code manually from Gateway, I would suggest you unpair and reconnect Bluetooth before trying to connect back to Gateway

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 08 Nov 2017 at 02:56 PM
Loading - please wait...