CODE 25 - Low USB Output Volume

votes

Hi, I've been trying to record using the CODE 25 connected by USB to my PC but have been getting really low volumes in Audacity. Preset volume is already set to 10 and output from the speakers are already loud. Is there a way to increase only the volume of the USB audio output without increasing master volume? Thanks.

asked 10 Apr 2021 at 04:58 AM

Clarence Muljadi
Answers: 2

vote

Hi, Clarence.

It's very well known problem, mainly concerning clean channels. For DSL preamp, gain set to 7 (in case of my guitar it still gives me clean sound), volume set to 10 I've got about -24 to -18 dB in Audacity. After mixing all recorded tracks I normalize level to -6 dB and sound quality is absolutely acceptable for non-professional purposes.

answered 10 Apr 2021 at 12:49 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

Hi Jacek,

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply. I can confirm that increasing gain will not compromise quality for non-professional recordings. I do have another question regarding the ability to "silent practice" with the headphone output on the amp advertised in the manuals. I have not figured out how to output only to my headphones and not through the speaker of the amp. Thank you once again.

answered 11 Apr 2021 at 08:26 AM

Clarence Muljadi
Hello Clarence
I'm sure that the speaker should be silenced as soon as you plug in the headphones. It sounds like there may be a problem with your amp. I suggest you contact Marshall support directly.

- Joliet Jake 11 Apr 2021 at 09:19 AM
Hi,
I tried with another headphone and it's working perfectly now. The dodgy headphone was the culprit. Thanks for your awesome help!
- Clarence Muljadi 11 Apr 2021 at 11:20 AM
Loading - please wait...