Code 100Combo

votes

Hello,

I had purchased a marshall code 100C. After a marshall dealer told me there was a fire hazard issue with the code 100C and that the code 50 was better i sold the 100C and bought the 50C now i see it doesnt have an effect loop. IS this true with a defect in the code 100 combos or is there a new version coming. IS the marshall code 50 a better product?

Warren

asked 13 Apr 2021 at 12:08 PM

warren Feit
Hi Warren,

Thank you for your comments, we have had no cases brought to our attention of any Code units being a fire hazard, all our units are fully tested to pass safety standards .

Code 50 does not come with an FX loop only the Code 100 does.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 15 Apr 2021 at 08:21 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Knowing how quick people on the internet are to bitch about anything and everything, I think there would be some evidence of a guitar amplifier bursting into flames, but I cant find any. Plus, I would have thought there would be very little difference between a code 50 and a code 100C. Maybe a slighty bigger power supply and a bigger power amp? but even at that I doubt that a 100C is any more of a fire risk that the 50 (unless someone knows any different!!!!)

The 50 is smaller and lighter (there is 2 bonus's for a start). If its loud enough for you and you can do without the FX loop, then yes I guess that makes it better than the 100.

edited 13 Apr 2021 at 06:27 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

answered 13 Apr 2021 at 03:23 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Loading - please wait...