Marshall CODE25 sound issues

votes

I recently purchased a CODE25 to use as a practice amp. It looked like something fun I could play around with.

The first few days it was ok as I was only using some of the factory presets. Trouble started as soon as I edited one or saved an online preset. The sound dissappeared (speaker) and the display got very faint. Restarting the amp made the display ok again but still no speaker sound. I reset the presets (hold down Amp while turning it on) and that seemed to do the trick.

But soon after the sound issue started again. I reset the amp presets, re-installed the firmware, but I only had sound for 2-3 seconds after boot, then nothing.

I have now discovered that if I plug in a headphone (which has sound) and then unplug it, I have speaker sound again. This makes me even more confused. I haven't tested long enough to confirm that this will work over time. 

I see that there is a lot of posts regarding sound issues and requests for a long overdue firmware. But have anyone found out any new tricks to overcome the issues?

I sent an email to Servicedesk last week but haven't recieved a response of any kind.

asked 14 Apr 2021 at 11:00 AM

Bjørn Gamlem
Hi Bjorn,
I have quite the same issues with a brand new amp. Did you fix it ? I would be pleased to know what and how you did.
Thx
Regards
- Guillaume Le Roy 06 Jun 2022 at 06:10 PM
Answers: 4

votes

Hi Bjorn,

Thank you for your comments, I would suggest having the amp looked at and checked over. Please contact your dealer and they will be able to help you with this.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 15 Apr 2021 at 08:23 AM

votes

This has been a common phenomenon with any device whose headphone jack acts as an off switch for a couple of decades. Starting with cell phones. If the dealer can't help...

With the power off... Try blowing into the jack with compressed air, or perhaps a little electronics cleaner.  Also, plugging and unplugging headphones repeatedly has been known to help. Worst case , if it's out of warranty, replace the jack. Good luck.

edited 17 Apr 2021 at 06:02 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

answered 17 Apr 2021 at 06:00 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)

votes

Try cleaning it with compressed air, but if it doesn't work, take your Marshall CODE25 for repair. It is better to entrust this equipment to professionals

edited 27 May 2021 at 04:46 PM

Betty Jones

answered 27 May 2021 at 04:44 PM

Betty Jones

votes

Hi

I have the quite the same issue than Bjorn. I bought the Amp one year ago but didn"t have time to play with it. The device is BRAND NEW and i am very angry with this problem. And i don't talk about issues that i have with bluetooth connection and Gateway app.... I tried every solution provided on the forum but still the same...

At first i was happy to buy this amp but now I regret it and i would choose another one if i had to do it again.

MARSHALL could you help ?

answered 06 Jun 2022 at 06:08 PM

Guillaume Le Roy
Loading - please wait...