Using multi-effect pedal Boss GT-100 with a modeling amp(Fender Mustang IV V2)

votes

Hello!

I know how to connect one to another and I am using my Boss GT-100 as pre-amp connected to the FX return Left channel in the amp. But is seems that the sound is affected by the amp and gets messy , bad quality sound, mix of difrente sounds, idk. I only want to use the sound from the GT-100.

The best way I found to fix this was to put my amp in a clean amp and turn of all the delays, reverbs, chorus, etc for that amp preset. If anyone has some advice how to make the sound better using a modeling amp I would be very pleased! ? ? ?

I also have the GT-100 output to bypass.

Thank you and sorry for the long text! ? ? ?

edited 15 May 2021 at 04:53 PM

Kevin Jones

asked 06 May 2021 at 02:54 PM

Kevin Jones
Answers: 1

votes

I dont see any questions about a Marshall amp....

However, what I would suggest as a generic answer is that the Boss GT patches probably have amp/cab simulation on, and the amp is also simulating amps and cabs. This is generally not a good idea. You have 2 options, either switch off the amp and cab simulations on the GT100 or switch them off on the amp.

I would probably suggest having as clean and flat sound on the amp as possible no Amp, no Cab, flat EQ, no effects. and use the GT100 as normal. You can maybe even try using the headphone out from the GT100 into the aux in on the amp. This should bypass all audio shaping and give as flat a sound as you can get from an audio input to the amp.

At the end of the day there is no real rules, whatever you need to do to get the sound you want is fair game.

answered 06 May 2021 at 04:47 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Loading - please wait...