Code 50 sounds muffled

vote

I know it's been asked before but my Marshall Code 50 sounds realy muffled. Playing a Tele through it just sounds really muddy and flat. Tried tweaking the settings for Presence and Resonance but it makes little difference. When I plug headphones in though it seems super clear. Any thoughts?

asked 31 Oct 2017 at 05:49 PM

Ed Hudson (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your message. Have you tried another Guitar and lead to see if this makes a difference to the sound your getting.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 01 Nov 2017 at 09:28 AM

Yes - tried various guitars / leads. Always the same result I'm afraid. I just feel there must be some sort of switch / setting which will suddenly make it sound brighter but its the same on each pre-set and even with music playback.
Ed
- Ed Hudson 01 Nov 2017 at 12:31 PM
I have the same with my 25, if it sounded the same with the speaker as it does when I'm using headphones I would be over the moon but that's not the case you would be think it was under a blanket or in a cupboard the sound is that bad. I can only think it down to cheap speaks. I have spent a lot of time looking online for a speaker replacement but no luck yet.

- Martin Blyth 01 Nov 2017 at 12:58 PM
Hi Ed,

If you have tried other Guitars/Leads, we would advise going back to your store and testing against other Codes to see if you are getting the same results.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 01 Nov 2017 at 01:44 PM
Hi Martin,

The speakers in the Code unit are designed to give the best quality reproduction of the guitar.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 01 Nov 2017 at 01:47 PM
If that's the case how do you explain (as stated designed to give the best reproduction of the guitar) as myself and other have found if you bypass the speaker and use headphones with the same lead and guitar it sound like a different amp its crisp bright an all round quality sound. - Martin Blyth 01 Nov 2017 at 05:21 PM
Headphones are designed to reproduce all styles of music, the speaker in an amplifier is designed not just to produce the sound of the guitar but also has to be capable of running at maximum volume for longer periods of time. So the sound through the headphones will also be a representation of the speaker sound but will sound different. - JOANNA GREEN 02 Nov 2017 at 11:58 AM
I have the same issues
It sounds really bad
- Donnie Miller 02 Mar 2023 at 02:21 AM
Loading - please wait...