Head and cab


Can you please show me which jack i should use to plug my head into the cabinet. I have a new 2 weeks old, Marshall DSL 20 HR Head with the MX212RR Marshall cab. On the back of the head it has 3 jacks for to plug into the cabinet and i dont know which is the best. It has lines pointing to the OHM's but the lines dont line up with the different ohms and its hard to tell which one to use. Anyway of sending me a picture or explaining which jack i should use please. Ive looked every where, youtube, online googled and cant find any info on which jack to use from thr back of the head to plug into the speaker cabinet. Thank you

asked 26 May 2021 at 12:08 PM

Edward DiLegge
Answers: 2


You can connect your amp to:

1. One 16 ohm cabinet - most left socket marked as 1 x 16 OHM

2. Two 16 ohm cabinets - use simultaneously middle and right socked marked as 2 x 16 OHM or 1 x 8 OHM

3. One 8 ohm cabinet - connect to either middle or right socket. You can't connect two 8 ohm cabinets at the same time.

answered 26 May 2021 at 12:59 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (183)


If you have an 8Ohm speaker cabinet, you'll plug your speaker cable from the Speaker Cabinet, to the amp head into one of the  8Ohm input jacks


If it's a 16Ohm cabinet, you'll plug your speaker cable from the speaker cabinet into the 16Ohm input jack on your amp head. 

answered 29 May 2021 at 07:00 AM

Nicholas Thomas (1)
Loading - please wait...