How to correctly use emulated out for headphones? - Dsl20hr

votes

I noticed there is an emulated out on the back of the 20Watt Dsl head. From reading the .pdf manual, I understand that the head needs to stay connected to the speaker cabinet. So I know to never un-hook it, however - My questions being - 

Do I need to be in Stand-By mode to actually use the headphones? If not, will the sound still come from the speaker cab? 

Also, can I just plug my headphones directly into the Emulated Out? the .pdf manual says the Dsl20 Emulated Out supports Headphones. But I've seen people comment in other places that you need a headphone amp that increases volume or something. I haven't been able to test with headphones yet, and I kinda' wanna' get the right answer on this before I try. Thanks. 

Loving the Amp and Speaker cab though haha. Just came in yestreday. 

asked 29 May 2021 at 06:33 AM

Nicholas Thomas (1)
Answers: 1

vote

I figured this out myself. You don't need anything. Just plug your headphones into the emulated output. Make sure your Amp is still connected to the Speaker cab. Turn on the amp, keep it in Stand-By mode with your headphones plugged in. Make sure your headphones are plugged in before turning on the amp. 

answered 29 May 2021 at 11:52 PM

Nicholas Thomas (1)
Loading - please wait...