Code Series Amplifier Continued Support Or Abandoned ?

votes

Would someone from Marshall Amplifiers truthfully indicte if they have officially abandoned support for the "Code" series of their amplifiers? With no firmware updates since July of 2019, it would appear that Marshall Amplifiers has abandoned their "Code" series of amplifiers and their customers who have purchased them. Please indicate if Marshall Amplifiers no longer supports these products so that myself and the others who purchased their "Code" amplifiers won't waste any further time or effort continuing to check for updates in that sorry-assed section of your website.

Thank you.

asked 06 Jun 2021 at 04:48 PM

Kevin Towns (35)
Thank you Marshall Support for the latest update. - Kevin Towns 14 Jan 2022 at 06:51 PM
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Marshall Support

I totally agree with Kevin and Kenneth. Here in the forums are heaps of posts around the "Code freezes after preset save" bug. Mine has the same issue. The posted solution "bring it to your dealer" does not work out for me since I bought mine second hand...

To me the bug totally looks like SOFTWARE issue  which should be easily solvable (and bring  great customer satisfaction ;-)) with a firmware update.

Furthermore adding new features also makes customers happy customers :-)

Björn

answered 20 Jun 2021 at 08:45 PM

Björn Juretzki (2)
Also there are a lot of Bluetooth annoyances with Marshall Gateway and the 1.44 firmware. For instance you can't have any other BT paired device on you Gateway Android device. Start to think that i should had bought the Boss product!
Regards
- Helmer Teles 09 Jul 2021 at 09:38 AM

votes

Hey Kevin,

Thank you for your comments, we are still supporing the Code series, any updates will show in the firmware update section.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 07 Jun 2021 at 08:07 AM

Why is it that Marshall support keeps giving us the same Bull@&$! Answer every time we ask about a firmware question. ( the firmWare will show up on the Support page) how about someone gives us an idea of. When. Maybe what is being addressed. Treat you, customers, like you care. We spent hard-earned money to purchase your product. Stop being a large cold corporation that could care less about your customers or your product. At the least, you could sound like you are concerned. And stop with the cold caned answers. - Kenneth Blizzard 11 Jun 2021 at 06:23 PM
Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your comment, with regards to the firmware update, the firmware update is only released if there is an issue with the product, our customers can still download and upload there own preset using the presets section of the website.

Regards

Marshall Support

- Lee Tomlin 16 Jun 2021 at 12:59 PM
Marshall support. It's not a matter of being able to upload presets. If you will read the comments about the code and the problems of it freezing as well as a buzzing sound. These are the problems your customers are complaining about and dealing with. Not being able to save or download a preset. Please listen to your customers before they move on and give Marshall Amps a Bad name. We need some support for out products. - Kenneth Blizzard 21 Jun 2021 at 12:15 AM
Loading - please wait...