Code 50 connectivity

votes

My new Code 50 Amp won't connect to my iPad. They are paired via Bluetooth, and Gateway detects the amp. When it tries to connect, it perpetually displays 'Connecting........'

What am I missing?

asked 06 Jun 2021 at 09:08 PM

GRAEME JOHNSON
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for your comments, can you please confirm which iPad you are using, have you tried any other devices.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 07 Jun 2021 at 08:18 AM

votes

1. My iPad Air runs iOS 12.5.3

I have some success - after repeated attempts at connecting, it produced a message implying it wanted music thru the Bluetooth connection before Gateway would connect. I played a song , then it connected on the next attempt. Gateway is now fully functional with the Code 50.

My.marshall shows 'Midi is not available'. Is there a solution?

2. My android phone runs Android 9. 

None of the Gateway apps will download. I suspect the android version is too old.

With my.marshall I get the message 'Code: Not Connected' - the Bluetooth connection is made and I can play songs thru the Amp via Bluetooth.

3. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 Home, with Edge ver 91.

I can't find a Gateway app that is compatible.

My.marshall shows 'Midi is not available'.

The offered solution of running edge://flags/#use-winrt-midi-api produces no match.

answered 08 Jun 2021 at 03:03 AM

GRAEME JOHNSON
First of all, try to delete everything you connected with bluetooth on your phone so that you wouldn't mind, especially if you have a lot of devices paired.
Then try to connect with Gateway and Marshall which code you will succeed if not then restart the phone and follow the instructions you will succeed for sure.
- Vladimir Kovačević 15 Jun 2021 at 01:01 PM

votes

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for the details, My Marshall can only be used on a PC or Mac you cannot connect by a mobile device or iPad which is why you will not be able to connect via the iPad or Android device.

With the Laptop you will need to make sure you have updated USB driver that support a midi connection.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 08 Jun 2021 at 07:48 AM

Loading - please wait...