Just got the code 100 combo, and I am impressed

vote

Always feel modeling amps lack the punch, the pick attack of an analog amp, but the CODE 100 does a good job, but it still sounds a bit like you are listening to a guitar track on a song instead of a live guitar performance.  Thats not a bad thing, the sound is smooth, it is clean, but it is different.   The cleanness of the sound is interesitng actually, the notes are far more distinct,  far less mushy and makes you play much cleaner. 

Thi is in comparison to my IValve King 212 with messa boogie pre amp,  and 6L6  power valves.   Have had it years, but havent been able to get the solo tone I want out of it, it has always sounded harsh, though the messa boogie valves helped.  This is where the  CODE 100 excells, the solo tones are very clear with none of the noise, so tapping for example stantds out very nicely, whereas with the Peavey it was feeding back and very noisy at the levels needed to get any volume.   

After a couple of days playing, the Plexi with gain is my preferd rythym sound and marshall fury with the reverb removed my prefered solo sound.  

Not gigged it,  we are just a jamming group made up of ex band members and having a once a week laugh,  but I can imagine the amp would be fine in any pub type venue. 

I will try it using the Peavey speakers over the weekend,   see what difference that makes. 

asked 15 Jul 2021 at 09:20 AM

Matt Sykes (2)
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Matt

It's good to hear from someone else who has some positive things to say about the Code. Generally these pages are filled with issues and complaints so its a  pleasent change. I agree that the amps arent perfect, but I think sometimes people expect way too much from the technology, especially at the pricepoint.

answered 16 Jul 2021 at 09:54 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
Yes, it is very reasonable. That is true. - Matt Sykes 16 Jul 2021 at 10:37 AM
I have the 100 watt head thru a 4x12 Marshall Code cab with 2 Man O War and 2 Wizard Emenince speakers which are killer. If you need a 1,000 more sounds this site is great to. ? It really is a great amp and fun to mess with. It also can take any pedal you put through it as well. - Steve R 30 Jul 2021 at 01:45 AM
marshallcode.tools - Steve R 30 Jul 2021 at 01:47 AM
Loading - please wait...