1972 Super Bass Head

votes

Hi,

I have a 1972 Super Bass head thats vitually immaculate having been in storage since new. Annoyingly the original owner sent it back to Marshalls to have the Lead / Bass switch fitted, no big deal, except now the amp is up for sale and all the American buyers want full documentation of this - Huh? Yeah, I'm sure Eddie van Halen kept all the paperwork for his amps in, in a handy box to light his cigarettes with - you get the picture!

Does Marshall keep records of works performed on amps? Its serial number is SB / A1593D

Thanks
Cat

edited 16 Aug 2021 at 01:18 PM

Cat Whisperer

asked 16 Aug 2021 at 01:16 PM

Cat Whisperer
Answers: 1

votes

Hello,

Regarding your question it would depend on the date it came to the factory, if you can provide us with the date or month/year it came in for repair and the name and address it would have been booked under we can check our records.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 17 Aug 2021 at 03:31 PM

Hi, Yeah, the guy bought it in '72 (date on the chassis is 2nd February 1972) and got the shop he bought it from to send it to Marshalls.
Most electronics firms would retest and date the chassis if work was carried out - I know this from working in valve audio. So whether thats a manufacture date or testing date is unknown. The amp had only been in a shop a short time before purchase.
- Cat Whisperer 17 Aug 2021 at 05:46 PM
Loading - please wait...