Marshall gateway app stopped working on android devices

votes

Hi, 

Am the pround owner of a Marshall Code 100 Combo, or rather, I used to be proud.

My problem is your bluertooth app.

It simply doesn't work.

I have installed on my Huawei phone (android) and  Nexus 7 tablet.

It used to work fine on both , now the app appears to be corrupted and the display is completed stuffed. ( yes I have uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed).

Also it doesn't recoginse my credentials. I means the program asks me to login (same  credentials as here), but there is no way to enter my details, no places to type my email addess etc.

Have you now stopped working on the Gateway app?

I need to know, as if you have, I'll be getting rid on the amp, as it's no good to me as it is.

edited 30 Sep 2021 at 03:51 PM

Chris Davies (12)

asked 21 Aug 2021 at 03:22 PM

Chris Davies (12)
Also, I get a big red exclamation mark with the menu tab - is there a way for me to upload a screenshot? - Chris Davies 21 Aug 2021 at 03:30 PM
Answers: 3

votes

For some reason, I didn't get your last response in my email.

Have now sent images of my Nexus screen

To be clear here, Gateway used to work with no issues, since covid, I havent used the amp, too loud at home. 

So maybe Gateway has been updated to the point it is no longer compatible with my device?

If that is the case, do you ahve a previous version I could install?

To reiterate, I am not having any issues with any other software on my Nexus 7, in fact I bought the NExus 7 specifically for the purpose of using with my Marshall code 100 combo.

edited 03 Sep 2021 at 08:03 AM

Chris Davies (12)

answered 03 Sep 2021 at 07:56 AM

Chris Davies (12)

votes

Hey Chris

Could you please confirm the following, please:

• Model of Huawei phone and Android version.
  • Android version of Nexus 7,
  • Which device has this issue, Huawei, Nexus or both?

Also Gateway is actively being developed

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 23 Aug 2021 at 08:50 AM

Huawei Honor 8S android version 9 - note Gateway always used to work on this phone.
My Nexus 7, android version 6.0.1

Both have the same issue. when opening Gateway, the screen is not complete. For example I get some half finished circles but no numbers, can't switch screens from amp to device (from yellow to blue).
I have cleared the cache and data , removed the item from the bluetooth memory (forget device).
Reinstalled, same problem.
- Chris Davies 23 Aug 2021 at 03:49 PM
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the details, could you please provide images for our app team, if you could send them to servicedesk@marshall.com

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 24 Aug 2021 at 03:08 PM
Just wondering if you reviewed the images I sent?
- Chris Davies 12 Sep 2021 at 10:05 AM
Hi Chris,

They are with our service team, and someone will be in contact

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 13 Sep 2021 at 07:33 AM
yeah right, one year later and nothing, that's what I call customer service. - Chris Davies 05 Oct 2022 at 07:02 PM

votes

Seems I answered above yours lol

answered 03 Sep 2021 at 01:47 PM

Chris Davies (12)
Hi guys, any developments? you seem to have forgotten all lab out me :) - Chris Davies 30 Sep 2021 at 03:52 PM
Loading - please wait...