Lead 12 Combo - Headphone Jack Issue

votes

Hey, y'all!

I just bought a used Lead 12 Combo (1987, I believe) which I am loving! but I'm experiencing an issue when listening through headphones which has me very confused.

If the 1/4" stereo TRS plug from the headphones (Shure SRH240) is fully inserted into the "H.P./Line Out" jack on the amp the internal speaker mutes but I only get audio from the right earphone. If I insert the plug only partway into the jack (to the first "detent") which seems to be a very popular suggestion online then I get sound from both left and right sides in the headphones but the internal speaker does not mute.

Any suggestions? And if it's an issue with the jack itself what kind of jack (Cliff? 6 prong? 4 prong? PCB or solder?) should I be looking for?

Any help MUCH appreciated, this is starting to make me crazy...thanks!

edited 22 Aug 2021 at 03:20 PM

Howard Ball

asked 22 Aug 2021 at 03:04 PM

Howard Ball
Make sure your headphones aren't broken. ...
Check to see if the smartphone is connected to a different device via Bluetooth. ...
Clean the headphone jack. ...
Check audio settings and restart the device. ...
Time to call the repairman. ? ?
- Carlton flores 05 Sep 2021 at 09:38 AM
thank you, Carlton, for your thoughtful response. Well, I checked to see if the smartphone is connected to a different device via Bluetooth. it's not. And my amp still isn't working. - Howard Ball 05 Sep 2021 at 02:14 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...