Almost no sound out of my JVM 205C after trying different speakercabinets

votes

Hello y'all,

I've been having a problem with JVM 205Combo.
During corona-lockdown, when we were not allowed to rehearse with the band, I had took my amp home with me....
As I'm always curious to find other sounds, I started experimenting with connecting other speaker cabs to my JVM. But, as I later discovered, the cable I used was no good and I think I blew up the main amplifier. I looked for the fuse, for it seemed logical to me that the fuse was blown, but couldn't find it. I also have a JCM 800 2205 head, a JMP MK2 2204 head and I've been having a JCM900 4100 head in the past. Now, all these amps were fused, so if anything went wrong, it was just the fuse that was blown. In fact, I've experienced that!
But no fuse on the JVM....is that correct? Because if it is, my problem is bigger than I thought. In that case, what was blown instead? The output transformer? My tubes?

I hope somebody can help me out on this one. And I promise never to experiment with other speakers or whatsoever.

Thnx anyway!
Cheers!

asked 10 Sep 2021 at 08:23 PM

Arno Visser
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your comments, we would recommend the amp is looked at by an engineer, it could be a the mains transformer or as you say the output transformer.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 13 Sep 2021 at 07:39 AM

Loading - please wait...