Marshall CODE 25 not showing in Gateway App

votes

Hello, I bought a Marshall CODE 25 yesterday, and so far I love the sound and feel of the amp. But I am having the same issue that alot of people are having, I can connect to the amp via my phone's Bluetooth but the amp will not show up in the Gateway app.

I have tried everything in the FAQ troubleshooting guide, nothing works. I can play music to my amp but that's it. Feels like a problem with the app and not my phone.

Are you reading the forums, Marshall? You need to take a look at your app, seems like it has some compabillity issues, it's working for some people but not everyone. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Please fix.

edited 28 Sep 2021 at 04:50 AM

Ruben Eriksson (2)

asked 28 Sep 2021 at 04:40 AM

Ruben Eriksson (2)
It doesn't look like they're reading all of them, no. - Steven Acklin 28 Sep 2021 at 04:33 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for you comment, please make your device is upto date, and all settings allow connection, please try the below

Please check the following:

1. Check if Bluetooth is enabled.
  2. Check if phone is paired and connected to CODE.
    1. In order for Gateway to connect to CODE, phone must be first paired and connected to CODE.

If Gateway still can't connect to CODE, please try the following:

1. Restart CODE.
    1. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  2. Restart Bluetooth on phone.
    1. Turn Bluetooth off -> wait few seconds -> turn Bluetooth on.
    2. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  3. Restart phone.
    1. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  4. Go to Settings -> Apps -> See All apps -> Menu (3 dots at the right top corner) -> Show System -> Look for Bluetooth -> Storage -> Clear Cache
    1. This step is only for Android device
    2. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  5. Restart Bluetooth on CODE.
    1. Hold buttons REV + POWER, while turning on the amp. 
    2. Then Hold STORE button to confirm Clearing Bluetooth.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 28 Sep 2021 at 07:54 AM

None of the suggested options work. There is a problem in the 4 version of the headphones. I have Major 2 and they don't have any connection problems. It looks like there is some kind of bug in Major 4. I easily connect with Major 2 to any device. With Major 4, problems are everywhere. Please note that there is a defect in some assembly. Help, otherwise I'll give the headphones back. - Mikhail Trubitsin 28 Sep 2021 at 06:50 PM
@Mikhail Trubitsin this post is about a problem with a Marshall Guitar Amplifier, not headphones.

@Marshall, I tried everything that you listed above, still having the same problem.
- Ruben Eriksson 29 Sep 2021 at 05:06 AM
Hi Ruben,

I would maybe suggest trying another device to make sure there is no issues with the Code unit, it sounds like it could be compatibility issue with your device.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 29 Sep 2021 at 07:29 AM
Tried on my fiancés phone, wich is also a Samsung. Same issue, I can connect to the amp from the Bluetooth menu, and play music, but the Gateway app can't find the amp. Tried everything you listed above again in my fiancés phone but nothing helps. - Ruben Eriksson 30 Sep 2021 at 04:55 AM
I'm going to try today with my workphone wich is an iPhone to confirm if the amp is defect or if its a problem related to the Gateway app. - Ruben Eriksson 30 Sep 2021 at 04:59 AM
@Marshall, I tried with the iPhone and got a weird error when opening Gateway, so I tried with my Galaxy S8 again and it works now.

For anyone who is having the same issue, what worked for me is the following. Note that I'm using a Galaxy S8 and the process could be different depending on what phone you are using.

1. From Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps.
2. Navigate: Settings > General management.
3. Tap Reset network settings.
4. Tap Reset settings.
5. If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern then tap Reset again to confirm.

NOTE: This will reset ALL network settings including saved Wi-Fi passwords.

I hope this solves it for all of you having simillar issues. Thanks Marshall for the support and thank you for a killer AMP 🤘

- Ruben Eriksson 01 Oct 2021 at 06:13 AM
Hi Ruben, thanks for your post and this worked for me as well! Never had any such problems with any other bluetooth device on my Samsung S8... Regards, Han - H van Lelyveld 09 Jan 2022 at 09:09 PM
Loading - please wait...