Gateway crash & non-connectivity on iPhone 11 update- FIXED

votes

Update to below- The iPhone 11 IOS 15.02 update fixed my issues. The app is working properly now & I'm very happy.
____________________________________________________I had a fault code & couldn't connect Gateway to my Code 50 a few months ago when I purchased it. I tried deleting the app to reload but when I reloaded, it was only accessible via the App Store & wouldn't appear on my Home Screen. I could connect for awhile. Recently it seems since the IOS 15 update to my phone, it no longer connects manually or automatically to my Code 50. The app is useless to me. I've search for an alternate app from another source that is compatible with the Code 50 but there doesn't appear to be one. The Gateway app and Bluetooth connectivity heavily influenced my purchase decision. If I had known the app was useless and I would have to physically go to the amp and try to dial in each sound, I would have just bought a fender. I really feel you should take my amp back if you can't correct the problem. 

edited 15 Oct 2021 at 01:05 PM

Eric Blomquist

asked 11 Oct 2021 at 02:26 AM

Eric Blomquist
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry you seem to be having issues with the Code and Gateway,

Please check the following:

1. Check if Bluetooth is enabled.
  2. Check if phone is paired and connected to CODE.
    1. In order for Gateway to connect to CODE, phone must be first paired and connected to CODE.

If Gateway still can't connect to CODE, please try the following:

1. Restart CODE.
    1. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  2. Restart Bluetooth on phone.
    1. Turn Bluetooth off -> wait few seconds -> turn Bluetooth on.
    2. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  3. Restart phone.
    1. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  4. Go to Settings -> Apps -> See All apps -> Menu (3 dots at the right top corner) -> Show System -> Look for Bluetooth -> Storage -> Clear Cache
    1. This step is only for Android device
    2. If that doesn't fix the problem Go To Next Step.
  5. Restart Bluetooth on CODE.
    1. Hold buttons REV + POWER, while turning on the amp. 
    2. Then Hold STORE button to confirm Clearing Bluetooth.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 11 Oct 2021 at 08:52 AM

I have done all of those steps repeatedly while I could but it is no longer possible. As I’ve stated, I can not get the app to appear on my Home Screen so I access it from the App Store library. After opening, Gateway stays open for a few seconds and then totally crashes leaving just the closed App Store icon on my phone. If it helps, my iPhone 11 is updated to IOS 15.0.1 which is the latest update. Unless you can fix the app, it is useless for me. - Eric Blomquist 11 Oct 2021 at 12:30 PM
Hi Eric,

This is not something we have come across before, could you please email servicedesk@marshall.com , and they will be able to help with this issue

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 15 Oct 2021 at 08:55 AM

votes

Hi there,

For the Gateway app on iPad, I had to restart the app to make it work. Hope this helps ...

Cheers!

answered 22 Oct 2021 at 12:27 PM

Bertel Vandekerckhove
Loading - please wait...