Windows 11 CodeEditor Error: Font 'Cooper Black' cannot be found

votes

After a windows update to windows 11 I got this error:  Font 'Cooper Black' cannot be found. That makes the app crash during the start. Trusting the fix will take a while I installed the font myself I got from the website Cooper Black Font: ? Then the CodeEditor worked normally.

I'd like to ask Marshall's devs to solve this one. Also, I'd like to help other people with the same problem.

That's my contribution to this community.

asked 17 Oct 2021 at 07:54 PM

Geraldo Andrade
Answers: 5

votes

Geraldo, CodeEditor is NOT a Marshall product. 

answered 18 Oct 2021 at 07:32 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

CodeEditor  is third party side project which is out of support/update for several years. 

edited 19 Oct 2021 at 08:42 AM

Vik Sam

answered 19 Oct 2021 at 08:42 AM

Vik Sam

votes

Thanks for the info. Is there any reason for abandoning the project? Any particular problem?

answered 19 Oct 2021 at 08:55 AM

Geraldo Andrade
I think I saw the comment from the author that he is no longer interested in supporting / developing the project. He probably no longer uses CODE himself.

By the way, the CODE has a fairly simple midi control specification.
I partially use code control (switching presets and setting delay times) with midi commands. Those. with basic programming skills and enough time, you can write your own CODE management client.
- Vik Sam 22 Oct 2021 at 10:20 AM

votes

When you download the Code editor. Inside the folder you downloaded you will see a "font installer" with the copperblack font you need. Click on it and it will install it to windows. It does not install with Code editor.. Download the file again. Then look in your downloads file folder.. Inside it will be another folder that says code editor.. look in there.

Also there is a "read Me" Inside that folder. Which if you read. Tells you what to do if you get that errror.  Crazy

answered 13 Aug 2022 at 05:16 AM

ted marek

votes

Just hit install

answered 13 Aug 2022 at 05:19 AM

ted marek
Loading - please wait...