Code 25 Whistle noise after firmware upgrade

votes

Hi everybody

My CODE 25 was working like a charm. After the firmware update there is a horrible whistling high frequency noise coming out from it. It is really bad. 

Anybody can help me out with this? How to roll back the firmare?

(It's not the guitar/cable/ground because I have another amp and I did a test)

Thanks

Matteo 

asked 26 Oct 2021 at 09:29 AM

Matteo Bassi
Answers: 7

vote

The sound sounds like a patch with a mega amount of gain and no noise gate.

Do all the patches sound like that?

Aside from that noise does the amp appear to function correcty?

If it does can you change the sound (switching off modules etc).

I was wondering if you can select any patch and switch off all the modules (mod. rev, del etc) and turn down all the controls to zero does the sound go away?

If so you can try increasing some controls (gain volume etc) a little to see if you can get a clean sound without the noise, and then try switching on some modules to see if you can find what is causing the sound.

answered 26 Oct 2021 at 02:01 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

vote

Hey guys.
I had the same problem today. I have a Code 100. It was playing when it started to make a noise, even when I removed the cable the noise continued.
I was already thinking that I would need to take the amp for technical assistance.

What did I do:
In the manual there is a factory reset procedure. I did this step.
I realized that it hadn't been solved, but when I reinstalled the software, the problem was apparently solved.

Hope this helps.

answered 27 Oct 2021 at 11:48 PM

Linneu Silva (1)

votes

I don't think there can be anything specifically wrong with the firmware upgrade, I have the atest firmware and mine doesnt make a whisteling noise.

Perhaps you can try the upgrade again in case something went wrong?

Maybe you can upload a video so that we can see exactly wht its doing?

answered 26 Oct 2021 at 11:28 AM

Joliet Jake (126)
I think you are right. I'd also advice to reinstall the firmware, but not via browser, but using firmware update utility. - Jacek Klimkiewicz 26 Oct 2021 at 11:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I did reinstall the firmware both from the browser and from the software. Not getting better :(
This is the sound that I hear drive.google.com/file/d/1U26yETL_b71hsUGQ0Sp-PcG4WdRz2Geh/view?usp=sharing
- Matteo Bassi 26 Oct 2021 at 12:58 PM

votes

This is the sound that I hear:

drive.google.com/file/d/1U26yETL_b71hsUGQ0Sp-PcG4WdRz2Geh/view?usp=sharing

Any suggestion? :)

edited 26 Oct 2021 at 01:01 PM

Matteo Bassi

answered 26 Oct 2021 at 01:00 PM

Matteo Bassi

votes

The preset I used to record the noise is this one (I dowloaded it from the official website):

To make it disappear, what really makes the difference is to increase the threshold level, but also the sound then is compromised. Reducing the gain only decreases the volume of the noise. 

Depending on the preset I use, I can hear this more or less easily, but it's always there.

If I disconnect the guitar and cable is left connected to the amp, noise is there. If I unplug the cable, noise disappear.

I swear it was not there before the firmware upgrade :) Maybe some gain settings internal to the amp changed and they highered the sensitivity to pick up noise from outside the amp? I could go to my neighbour and ask to try it at its place. My dad also has a filtering power plug for his Hi-Fi stereo.. 

Other suggestions?  

answered 27 Oct 2021 at 01:07 PM

Matteo Bassi

votes

With which firmware version does this problem occur?

answered 09 Feb 2022 at 02:27 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)

votes

same here, the dealer replaced it and same happened with the new one... have you been able to solve?

answered 11 Jul 2022 at 01:34 PM

Antonio Como
Loading - please wait...