Code 25 tuner

vote

When I select the tuner the display only shows.  C : > | . I think the firmware is M1.1.

Any ideas? Thanks

asked 11 Nov 2021 at 09:24 AM

Bill Jones (1)
Answers: 3

votes

Same with me. Is always like this from the start. Plug the guitar in, turn it up and hit a string. Then the tuner should show the note. 

edited 11 Nov 2021 at 09:19 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)

answered 11 Nov 2021 at 03:41 PM

Mark Lüttger (32)

votes

Not worth the effort anyway, the built in tuner is terrible. Save yourself the heartache and buy a cheap clip on tuner for a few dollars.

edited 11 Nov 2021 at 06:32 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

answered 11 Nov 2021 at 06:31 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
I don’t think they are that bad. And for me clip-on-tuners just don’t work. In a loud environment (e.g. on stage) they take on too much external vibrations so tuning is almost impossible. - Mark Lüttger 11 Nov 2021 at 09:18 PM

votes

Fair enough if it works for you, but I have always found the tuner slow to react and doesn't have enough resolution to acurately tune the guitar. If anything the one in the phone app is even worse. I've tried several guitars with it and they all seem the same.  Also we are talking about a Code 25 so I don't think anyone will be using it on a noisey stage where vibrations should cause a problem.

However as I said if it works for you then great, but what I'm saying is other types of tuners are more convenient and extremely cheap so I wouldnt worry too much if you are not satisfied with the onboard tuner.

answered 11 Nov 2021 at 11:14 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
Hey JJ, no offense :-)
You're absolutely right with "talking about a Code 25 so I don't think anyone will be using it on a noisey stage". And also you're absolutely right that there are a lot of way-better tuners on the market than the one in the Code-series. But as I said: For me it works, earlier with my 50's and now with my 100C's. I tried some clip-ons, but since my band is not that "disciplined" that they can keep "quiet" between the songs it's hard for me to tune with clip-ons :-)
- Mark Lüttger 12 Nov 2021 at 08:50 AM
There was no offence taken, Sorry if my answer sounded like there was. I was just trying to clarify what I obviously didnt make clear in my first response. - Joliet Jake 12 Nov 2021 at 09:01 AM
Check! :-) - Mark Lüttger 12 Nov 2021 at 09:52 AM
Loading - please wait...