Code 50 - Volume Control

votes

I have had my Code 50 for a while and have played around with it to no avail. It's 20-50X too loud. When I set the Master Volume control to something like .5 it's way too loud. I can adjust the volume within the preset but if I change to any other preset it almost knocks my house over. I think this amp is unusable and has some serious design flaws. Is there a way to knock down the volume for the entire amp and all the presets? I need them all set at around a .1 or .2.

asked 28 Nov 2021 at 10:09 PM

Scott Jones
Answers: 2

votes

I think you answered your own question. Just reduce the patch level within all the patches that you use. You only have to do it once.

answered 28 Nov 2021 at 11:51 PM

Joliet Jake (126)
I'll try that. Looks like I have to change and save on both the amp and on the Gateway app. - Scott Jones 29 Nov 2021 at 04:20 PM

votes

JJ is right. I for Exempel have all my presets saved at around 3.5 to 4.0.  So I can play at home with the mastervolume around 9 o'clock and rehearsals and smaller gigs around 12 o'clock, and I have enough spare if I need it still louder. 

So, I think you're wrong saying "this amp is unusable and has some serious design flaws", problems occur mostly when the user doesn't use the amp in the right way or doesn't take the time to experiment around (no offense, just saying depending on lots of the questions asked here). 

answered 29 Nov 2021 at 08:52 AM

Mark Lüttger (32)
Thanks Mark. I think you're right. - Scott Jones 29 Nov 2021 at 04:19 PM
Loading - please wait...