Digital multi-effects pedal with Marshall CODE 100C

votes

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you what is the best way to use a digital multi-effects pedal with the Marshall CODE 100C, how to connect it? how to configure it? etc. to make it sound good. Thanks

asked 31 Jan 2022 at 03:59 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)
Answers: 7

votes

I use ZOOM G1 Four and the sound is amazing. Try to turn off EVERYTHING in your Marshall, and set MS800 EQ settings in your ZOOM. And remember: never use any amp emulation in your ZOOM and your Marshall at the sama time.

I'd suggest to move ZNR to the first position.

answered 01 Feb 2022 at 02:47 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Hello, thanks for your answer, could you please explain to me how you are connecting your ZOOM to CODE? for the Effects Loop? or how exactly? - Sebastián Mancipe 01 Feb 2022 at 02:51 PM
I simply plug my guitar to ZOOM input, and then connect ZOOM output to Ditto+ looper input, and then Ditto+ output to Marshall input. But I repeat: all Marshall emulations and effects are turned OFF.
Generally all factory presets, both in Marshall and ZOOM are useless for me (they are intended to show the device possibilities), so I use only self created presets.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 01 Feb 2022 at 05:37 PM
and how would the ZOOM G1X be connected through the Effects Loop? - Sebastián Mancipe 01 Feb 2022 at 07:59 PM
Guitar to Marshall input, Marshall SEND to ZOOM input, ZOOM output to Marshall RETURN.
Using this method I strongly recommend to use Marshall amps and cabinet emulations, and disable all amps and cabinet emulations in ZOOM. For example - on your photo you should disable MS800 and MS4x12.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 01 Feb 2022 at 08:51 PM

votes

There is nothing like "the best way to use". 

You can set up a clean channel in your Marshall using preamp, power amp and cabinet, and use a multi-effect in normal way, as with any other guitar amp - between a guitar and amp, or using effects loop.

You can turn off everything in Marshall and use it as an FRFR monitor, setting amp and cabinet emulation in your multi-effect, and using only effects built-in your multi. (That's my favourite solution).

You can use 4 cable method (suppossed your multi has a send-return sockets), and use effect from your multi, and from Marshall as well - Google is full of deatils how to do it. 

Check all possible connections, and find out which sound fits your personal preferences... :-)

answered 31 Jan 2022 at 10:03 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Thanks for your answer, I have tried this but it doesn't sound good, it sounds over saturated. I tried to create a Preset with everything in NATURAL as they recommend but still the sound is very bad. My digital multi-effects pedal is a ZOOM G1X Four and it only has INPUT and OUTPUT jacks. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or you definitely can't use digital effects with the Marshall CODE. - Sebastián Mancipe 01 Feb 2022 at 01:34 PM

votes

But the final question to me is: why should one? Why buy an amp with all these possibilities and then ignore all of them and use an external tool? Ok, it's all personal taste and preferences, but I don't get it at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

answered 01 Feb 2022 at 08:05 AM

Mark Lüttger (32)
There is one simple reason, Mark. I'm a looper lover. There is no way to connect the looper BEFORE modelling amp, as when you change a preset it affects not only your guitar sound, but the previously recorded track as well. Yes, in the case of CODE 100 you can connect the looper to send-return sockets, but I only have CODE 25...
Another reason - Marshall CODE is an excellent guitar amplifier, modelling preamps, power amps and cabinets is amazing. But... All delays are OK, chorus and reverb are quite acceptable, phaser and flanger are unusable, at least for me.
- Jacek Klimkiewicz 01 Feb 2022 at 09:07 AM
One of the reasons why I want to do this is that the Marshall CODE does not have a FUZZ effect like the BIG MUFF PI, and that is why having a digital multi-effects pedal that includes this effect would be a solution. But I can't get it to sound right. My digital pedal is a ZOOM G1X Four, but no matter how hard I try it sounds terrible. - Sebastián Mancipe 01 Feb 2022 at 01:32 PM
I'm on this train too right now - since I miss a direct-out to mixer (see my related post). So I had to overthink my position :-) - Mark Lüttger 30 Nov 2022 at 03:51 PM

votes

My digital multi-effects pedal is a ZOOM G1X Four and it only has INPUT and OUTPUT jacks. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or you definitely can't use digital effects with the Marshall CODE.

answered 01 Feb 2022 at 01:36 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)

votes

I tell you that it was much better for me and it gives a very clean sound connecting it in the following way:
Guitar to the INPUT of the ZOOM - Output of the ZOOM to the RETURN of the Effects Loop of the CODE 100. 

In this way I cancel all the CODE and use only the power phase and total control from the ZOOM Pedal.
Thank you very much to all

edited 09 Feb 2022 at 02:12 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)

answered 09 Feb 2022 at 01:47 PM

Sebastián Mancipe (9)

votes

You can turn off everything in Marshall and use it as an FRFR monitor, setting amp and cabinet emulation in your multi-effect, and using only effects built-in your multi.  ? ?

edited 10 Jun 2022 at 06:45 AM

Carlton flores

answered 09 Jun 2022 at 11:49 AM

Carlton flores

votes

Hello guys.

I don`t know what mistake i made but, going on my FX return from my Boss gt1000core, the volume was out of control freakn loud. max probably. even with master and volume at zero and also the pedal output at zero.

I planning to try again if someone be able to tell me how without become deaf.

Does anyone knows/understand what happened and how to fix?

Thanks.

answered 22 Feb 2023 at 04:02 AM

Talles Montenegro
Loading - please wait...