What is the difference between the Marshall Code 50 and the Boss Katana 50 Mk2?

votes

For the past two years, I've been playing.

I play classical guitar, but I want to play metal, rock, and blues, and I'm looking for my first electric guitar and amp, but I can't decide which one to acquire.

For the past week, I've been watching reviews on YouTube:)

edited 06 Feb 2022 at 04:19 AM

rony yadav

asked 02 Feb 2022 at 04:57 AM

rony yadav
The Code 50 amp has 100 factory presets and access to hundreds, if not thousands more via their web page, Each preset, either your own, factory or other user can be thoroughly adjusted to your liking on the front panel of amp. The exact same settings that are available via computer or the phone app. IMO, this makes the Code 50 amp the superior product. Hope this helps. - Kevin Towns 13 Mar 2022 at 03:26 PM
Answers: 2

votes

I think you could have fun with either. Although if you are not playing live in a band you could probably get away with the Code 25, beleive me it's plenty loud and also cheaper.

I have had both and I would say:

Marshall code has more features and you can do everything from the controls on the amp. It has 100 patches to store different sounds.

Katana has less features but is easier to use because of this, If you want to delve deeper into the settings you have to connect it to a PC. It only has up to 8 patches.

Both amps sound good, I would say the Katana is probably a bit better made and simpler to use for a beginner. Having said that I got rid of my katana and kept my code25.

answered 03 Feb 2022 at 05:29 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

Thank you for your supportive reply.

?
?

answered 06 Feb 2022 at 04:19 AM

rony yadav
Marshall 50 is Bluetooth-ready – easier to manipulate the settings rather than fidgeting all buttons and controls altogether. Boss Katana, on the other hand, has a dozen more knobs. ? - Carlton flores 18 Feb 2022 at 10:08 AM
Loading - please wait...