Marshall JVM standby/silent recording confusion

vote

Hello all. I am sorry for what is about to be a redudant and maybe to some, stupid question. I just got my dream amp, the JVM 410h. This is also my first tube amp and I want to care for it for long term use. For silent recording, I am running the line out with an xlr cable from my JVM head to my Scarlett interface, which I connect to my DAW and use cab modelling their for recroding. Do I lieave my standby switch on or off? The STANDBY/ silent recording notation is a little confusing to me. So should switch be pushed up or down? Also, should master volume be set to 0? Thanks in advance

asked 21 Feb 2022 at 09:23 PM

Nick L (1)
i will try that now .i think we have to put silent record up - riahi riahi 16 Jun 2022 at 09:26 AM
Answers: 2

vote

Hi Nick,

The Standby switch needs to be in the off position for silent recording. This also means you will not need to connect the cabinet. 

However, make sure you don’t switch the Standby switch to the on position without a cabinet connected as this could damage your amplifier. 

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 09 Mar 2022 at 02:16 PM

votes

Hi - thanks for this thread. So just to be clear, I could use my JVM205H and take that to rehearsal without the cab and go straight from the head to the PA and as long as Standby is off, then I won't damage the amp in this configuration. Is that correct?

answered 11 Jan 2023 at 11:37 PM

John Avent
Yes - Dave Penney 16 Dec 2023 at 09:34 PM
Loading - please wait...