Marshall Code 100 - Switching between presets causes a moment of silence and delay

votes

Hello,

I have just bought the Marshall Code 100 which I was really excited about having read the description and watched the demo videos. The amp does sound amazing, but yesterday, on the first occasion that I actually tried the amp during a rehearsal, I was shocked to discover that when I step on the provided footswitch to change presets (like activate one with distortion or heavy delay), mid-song, the flow of the sound broke, there was a moment of silcence before it switched to the next preset. I've been trying to research this on the Internet, but have only found 2 instances of it being addressed, no one talks about this in review videos or blogs. This baffles me - how is (mostly) everyone ok with this?

This effectively makes it impossible to use the built-in effects of the amp, which is exactly what its main outstanding feature is. Why have a 100 presets when you can't switch mid-song? Are guitarists only supposed to use the Code family to select the main sound they want for a certain song, then keep using pedals for changes mid-song?

I'm extremely disappointed, since the built-in effects were the main reason I went for this amp - I wanted to use this as both an amp and a multi-effect board to some extent. Is there any fix for this? A firmware update maybe, or does the separately-sold Code pedal make a difference? 

Seriously considering returning it at this point.

asked 24 Mar 2022 at 08:56 AM

Erik Joó
Have you tried using the "switch" mode instead of the "preset" mode for sound changes? I'm just now looking into what the difference is.

I cant post a link here so..look this up: PEDL-91009_OwnersManual_V12_LANGS.pdf
- Scott Toepfer 28 Apr 2022 at 11:26 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...