problem updating firmware, bluetooth, instability of amp

vote

hi

firstly, i am disappointed with the code.  this amp seems like its still at test phase, its to buggy for a release.  would expect marshall to only release a new product unless its 100% reliable.

connecting ios devices to code is always problematic. very unstable.

my main problem now is updating firmware.  cant update in chrome. i have midi capability approved for marshall but keep getting midid disabled error even though i clearly have midi enabled.

tried opera, and the midi is working and the code is coming up as connected. i get as far as a message stating that firmware is updating with a status bar and percentage marker. doesnt update! stays at 0% and never moves. left it overnight and still 0% when i woke.

i have spent more time messing about with the problems with this amp than playing guitar. do i need to sell this and just buy a guitar interface? maybe

also, when using this amp through garageband there is no dedicated clean preset to use with garageband or other AU. basically it goes into garageband with a marshall preset and then the other AU preset is on top of the marshall preset. ideally this amp should include a straight clean unprocessed preset to work with other software AU's.  i really do think people need to consider a good quality guitar interface before purchasing this amp. its very restricitve and unreliable. if you are not gigginG i dont see the point in this amp. 

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE FIRMWARE ISSUE ASAP!

asked 15 Nov 2017 at 09:40 AM

ste cullen (5)
Answers: 9

vote

I too am disappointed that there is no way to update via MAC/iOS/etc.  most musicians use iOS platforms.  On day 5, I’m still just trying to figure this amp out, and honestly, I’m not quite sure what you were thinking in the process of development.  I love Marshall Amplification.  This is my 3rd Marshall product.  I might be returning this. Not happy so far.  The Line 6 isn’t nearly as temperamental.

answered 25 Nov 2017 at 06:13 AM

Tommy Naccarato (17)
Thanks tommy

So Marshall, I’m not the only one. What you doing about it???
Are you “looking into it?”
- ste cullen 25 Nov 2017 at 09:26 AM
Hello Tommy,
I am sorry to hear you are disappointed, please be assured that we are looking into this issue, we are unable to give a resolution time frame at the moment but we will keep you updated.
Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 27 Nov 2017 at 10:31 AM

vote

No. I use Apple Mac so cannot use this

answered 16 Nov 2017 at 03:52 PM

ste cullen (5)

vote

any suggestions? can i swap this amp if i return to store for another one?

answered 16 Nov 2017 at 07:20 PM

ste cullen (5)
The decision to replace the unit can only be made by the dealer you purchased your amplifier through as your warranty is through them, so we would recommend you contact your dealer. - JOANNA GREEN 17 Nov 2017 at 09:07 AM

vote

I have just tried updating firmware on my friends Mac. Unable to update . Same problem.

i tried updating on his windows based system and it updated first time.

you obviously have issues with Mac operating system. Two different macs and same problem.

are you addressing this issue? Very inconvenient that Mac users have to go to a friends house to use their windows computer to update firmware.

i reckon I’ve wasted a full day in hours trying to sort this out. As a father of two with zero personal time this is very frustrating. Simply the worst purchase I have ever made. 

answered 17 Nov 2017 at 02:38 PM

ste cullen (5)

vote

Bluetooth issue also needs sorting. Very temperamental .

answered 17 Nov 2017 at 02:39 PM

ste cullen (5)

vote

I can see all Mac users have the same problem with update. It would be nice to hear problem is solved as we have December and seems that nothing has changed...

answered 01 Dec 2017 at 04:37 PM

Tymoteusz Boetcher (1)
Hello Tymoteusz,
Thank you for your comments, this issue is currently being looked at to find a solution, we will keep you updated.
- JOANNA GREEN 04 Dec 2017 at 09:29 AM

votes

Hi Ste,

Thank you for your message.

Sorry you seem to be having an issue with the update, have you seen our help page with Midi Firmware updates, please see link below to see if this helps.

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/839/browser-midi-troubleshooting

The Code is a modeling amp, which is not designed to give you a pure unprocessed signal, although you can adjust the presets by removing all the FX's and gain and volume levels, like an unprocesed amp would give you, we would suggust setting the master approximately half way and adjust gain and volume controls, first removing all FX's to give you close to sounding to stadard amp.

Marshall Support

answered 15 Nov 2017 at 02:37 PM

votes

None of that works

answered 15 Nov 2017 at 05:23 PM

ste cullen (5)
Hi Ste,

Have you tried to install our Windows application to download and update the firmware on your Marshall CODE series amplifier.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 16 Nov 2017 at 11:13 AM

votes

Hi Stu,

Thank you for the message, we have had users update via MAC with no issue, glad you have it sorted now, and thank you for your feedback.

Marshall Support

answered 20 Nov 2017 at 09:09 AM

Yeah and you have Mac users having terrible trouble! What you doing about it? - ste cullen 25 Nov 2017 at 09:29 AM
Loading - please wait...