Ipad Air 4 Support.? No longer functioning.

votes

I recently updated my 5th gen Ipad to an Ipad Air 4 and can no longer use the Code app. I receive the following  error when opening the app and can do nothing except  close it - "Context3d not available! Possible reasons: Wrong renderMode or missing device support" 

With no app support available, this amp is dead weight in the studio.  

i have removed the app, restarted ipad, reinstalled it, and end up at the same error every time.  Is the Ipad Air 4 supported at all? IOS  version  is 15.4.1

asked 12 Apr 2022 at 04:45 PM

Chris S
Hi Chris,

We would suggest fully closing the app, shutting down the tablet then restarting the connection and opening the app, making sure in the app settings its allowing connection.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 19 Apr 2022 at 02:16 PM
Answers: 4

vote

Hello

The main reason I bought the Code amp is that unlike other manufacturers such as Fender and Boss you don't need an app to use the amp, all the features are easily accessible from the buttons and the screen on the top of the amp. Admittedly the app is convenient, but you can continue to use the amp perfectly well years after IOS and Android are forgotton operating systems consigned to history.

edited 17 Apr 2022 at 10:23 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

answered 13 Apr 2022 at 11:35 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

vote

COME ON MARSHALL, your silence is deafening. Does the app work on the ipad air?

edited 19 Apr 2022 at 03:14 PM

Joliet Jake (126)

answered 14 Apr 2022 at 11:01 AM

Joliet Jake (126)

votes

As I'm a retired engineer, I can give you one simple advise: if something worked fine, and suddenly stopped working, try to answer a question - what's changed?

In you case it's not a problem of amp, or Gateway app, but update of your ipad.

You wrote "With no app support available, this amp is dead weight in the studio." You are wrong. First of all, for decades guitar players used analog amps with no connection to ANY external device. Marshall CODE is the only modelling amp, which does NOT need computer connection yo operate, if I were you I'd consider buying dedicated footswitch, which gives you access to 30 presets of tha amp, and I can't believe that either on stage, or in studio you neen more than 30 different sounds...

answered 13 Apr 2022 at 11:40 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
I'm a retired network security engineer myself, and I hear you, but GETTING to the presets is the issue. Once they're set, great, but being able to explore the sonic space easily is the main problem. After 40+ years of playing, I have landed more projects in progress than I need, and being able to quickly and easily visualize what is going on with the amp is the problem. I saw a ton of similar complaints, but didn't see an inclusive and comprehensive answer from Marshall themselves. In the meantime I've gone back to my trusty and rusty '68 Princeton and 3 pedalboards worth of physical pedals to create the soundscapes I need for my work these days. I'm trying to wring one last full album worth of material out with my brother before I sell off the majority of my gear. Fender Fuse and their Mustang amps were not a solution I particularly enjoyed experiencing. I was really loving the Marshall until this, and I've been a Fender guy since '82. There IS a viable solution, but it doesn't make financial sense for Marshall, apparently, and that's a shame. - Chris S 13 Apr 2022 at 06:01 PM

votes

any way to run it on new iPad Air

answered 16 Apr 2022 at 11:26 AM

bhanrobert99 bhanrobert
OK...I got it working, maybe it's a case of unrealistic expectations, but it's working now. I thought I should be able to initiate the connection from the Code app, but that's not the way it works.

Here's what I did - 1. )I initiated Bluetooth on the amp first, then 2.)went into the settings on the iPad under Bluetooth connections and 3.) had it scan then connect there , THEN 4.) I opened the Code app and had it scan for the amp it connected.

I thought the Code app would wrangle the connection by itself, but like I said, maybe I had flawed expectations.
- Chris S 19 Apr 2022 at 04:14 PM
Loading - please wait...