Code 100H Firmware update not connecting to pc

votes

I've had the Marshall Code 100 for about 4 years, never done a firmware update and am having trouble connecting the head to my pc. I'm trying through Chrome and Edge, I've downloaded the Marshall utility, started with FX/MOD/REV....nothing...no connection.

Is the ONLY way to get a firmware update through the USB/tiny old outdated plug?  I'm guessing with all the technology involved with this amp, there should be another way no?

asked 28 Apr 2022 at 11:02 PM

Scott Toepfer
Answers: 2

votes

Yes, the ONLY way to get a firmware update is Mini USB cable, which is not outdated, but the most commonly used not only by Marshall, but Blackstar, VOX, Mooer, TC Electronic and many other stage equipment producers.

answered 29 Apr 2022 at 10:35 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

In computing, firmware is a specific class of computer software that provides the low-level control for a device's specific hardware. Firmware, such as the BIOS of a personal computer, may contain basic functions of a device, and may provide hardware abstraction services to higher-level software such as operating systems. For less complex devices, firmware may act as the device's complete operating system, performing all control, monitoring and data manipulation functions. Typical examples of devices containing firmware are embedded systems (running embedded software), home and personal-use appliances, computers, and computer peripherals.

answered 05 May 2022 at 06:50 PM

brace pil57
Loading - please wait...