DSL40CR Failure

vote

Bought a new DSL40CR in December of 2020 and last month it blew the 630 MA fuse on the PCB. Replaced fuse and swapped out all tubes. Now amp only works on 40 watt but has a lot less volume and does not sound like it did. The PCB has spots around CAPS that look burnt. Any suggestions? Can you purchase the PCB?

Dealer where I purchased not very helpful when I went to them to question about warranty, they kept trying to sell me a  new amp, not Marshall and said I would have to pay any and all costs if it was repairable. 

Really liked the amp when working correctly but am concerned that this would happen again if I purchase another one. 1 year and 3 months and total failure????

Marshall has restored my confidence in their product. They contacted me same day and gave me a list of where to take my amp for warranty repairs. The amp has 3 year parts/5 year labor warranty. Will update again when repairs are complete.

6/2/2022

I purchased a second DSL40cr amp and got my originalback from the shop. Took my repaired amp home before Memorial Day Holiday and so far it is doing great.

Again want to thank the people at Marshall for making this happen once I explained the problem.

edited 02 Jun 2022 at 03:26 PM

Roger Wallace (1)

asked 11 May 2022 at 11:13 AM

Roger Wallace (1)
Marshall has restored my confidence in their product. They contacted me same day and gave me a list of where to take my amp for warranty repairs. The amp has 3 year parts/5 year labor warranty. Will update again when repairs are complete. - Roger Wallace 12 May 2022 at 11:09 AM
Hey Roger,

Good to see we was able to help, any issues please contact the service desk email

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 12 May 2022 at 01:38 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Roger

Can you email servicedesk@marshall.com , and we will get this to the correct Marshall team in the US

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 11 May 2022 at 02:40 PM

Sent email as requested. - Roger Wallace 11 May 2022 at 04:42 PM
Loading - please wait...