I just acquired a MARSHALL MG102FX and need to know if the PEDL-90008 is worth buying?

votes

I hope I haven't bought a low end amp, but I'm sure it's all about preference. I don't have the manual to it yet but I am needing to know if the PEDL-90008 is worth buying and does this amp have a true "TUNER" onboard?

asked 04 Jun 2022 at 06:45 PM

Christopher Anglin (1)
Answers: 2

vote

Thank you so much! 'm gonna put in some playing time and try out the pedal. It sure has a great sound for solid state and very nice cleans too! If anyone has some user advice on how to program it, I'd love to hear from you!

answered 17 Jun 2022 at 02:29 AM

Christopher Anglin (1)

votes

Good morning Christopher,

I'd urge you not to worry about  your new amp being 'low end.' It's far from it.  A great amp be you using it at home or for live performances. As it is solid state your tone will remain unchanged whatever the volume. It does 'low for the neighbour's sanity' fantastically well and without doubt it does 'shake the house down loud' even better.

I'd say that the pedal is a must have though. Without it, peforming live would be difficult indeed and even when playing at home it'd prove to be a frustrating experience at the very least. 

I'm afraid that I'm unable to advise in any detail regarding the tuner. I can though confirm that it definately has one. If I remember correctly it works in conjunction with the lights on the pedal. I only had the amp for a couple of weeks before I had to reluctantly return it. Not for any quality issue, it just wasn't what I was looking for at that time. I wish I had been as I was more than impressed with the amp's capabilities and it was a shame to have it go back.

Hope you enjoy your purchase. I'm positive you will.

Cheers,

Si.

It won't allow me to paste a link for the manual  here but if you go onto the Marshall website go to Amps and bring up the MG102FX towards the very bottom of the page there is a button for you to download a copy. Hope this info is helpful.

edited 11 Jun 2022 at 05:33 AM

Simon Coulston (12)

answered 11 Jun 2022 at 05:28 AM

Simon Coulston (12)
Loading - please wait...