Getting a moment of delay & silence While Switching Between Presets: Marshall Code 100

votes

Hello folks, I have just bought the Marshall Code 100 which I was really excited about having read the description and watched the demo videos. The amp does sound amazing, but yesterday, on the first occasion that I actually tried the amp during a rehearsal, I was shocked to discover that when I step on the provided footswitch to change presets (like activating one with distortion or heavy delay), mid-song, the flow of the sound broke, there was a moment of silence before it switched to the next preset. I've been trying to research this on the Internet, but have only found 2 instances of it being addressed, no one talks about this in review videos or blogs. This baffles me - how is (mostly) everyone ok with this?

This effectively makes it impossible to use the built-in effects of the amp, which is exactly what its main outstanding feature is. Why have 100 presets when you can't switch mid-song? Are guitarists only supposed to use the Code family to select the main sound they want for a certain song, then keep using pedals for changes mid-song? ?

I'm extremely disappointed since the built-in effects were the main reason I went for this amp - I wanted to use this as both an amp and a multi-effect board to some extent. Is there any fix for this? A firmware update may be, or does the separately-sold Code pedal make a difference? 

Seriously considering returning it at this point. Advance thanks for the replies. 

edited 13 Jul 2022 at 05:12 AM

denial wills

asked 20 Jun 2022 at 05:58 AM

denial wills
Answers: 3

votes

you have to get the programable footswitch for the code. the one that comes with it is very limited and does not use the full features of the C100 . there are videos on here and U tube about it.

answered 20 Jun 2022 at 06:24 PM

Mark Torres (6)

vote

The Marshall CODE Pedl-91009 will definitely help. It has 3 switches with 10 banks, for a total of 30 saved presets. It also has a 4th switch to toggle the banks up and down. You can set up your preset with the onboard effects and pressing down the switch will activate the ability to turn the effects assigned on or off. 1st switch is your Preamp effect, the 2nd switch is your Modulation effect, and the 3rd switch turns the Delay on or off and also adds tap tempo options. I unfortunately just blew my Pedl-91009 out, very stupidly, and I am going to grab another one.

answered 18 Jul 2022 at 04:06 AM

Jesus Lopez (1)

votes

I don't have this problem, and I think it's an individual issue. Sorry. 🤷🏻‍♂️

answered 20 Jun 2022 at 08:38 AM

Mark Lüttger (32)
Loading - please wait...