Getting a moment of delay & silence While Switching Between Presets: Marshall Code 100

votes

Hello folks, I have just bought the Marshall Code 100 which I was really excited about having read the description and watched the demo videos. The amp does sound amazing, but yesterday, on the first occasion that I actually tried the amp during a rehearsal, I was shocked to discover that when I step on the provided footswitch to change presets (like activating one with distortion or heavy delay), mid-song, the flow of the sound broke, there was a moment of silence before it switched to the next preset. I've been trying to research this on the Internet, but have only found 2 instances of it being addressed, no one talks about this in review videos or blogs. This baffles me - how is (mostly) everyone ok with this?

This effectively makes it impossible to use the built-in effects of the amp, which is exactly what its main outstanding feature is. Why have 100 presets when you can't switch mid-song? Are guitarists only supposed to use the Code family to select the main sound they want for a certain song, then keep using pedals for changes mid-song?

I'm extremely disappointed since the built-in effects were the main reason I went for this amp - I wanted to use this as both an amp and a multi-effect board to some extent. Is there any fix for this? A firmware update may be, or does the separately-sold Code pedal make a difference? 

Seriously considering returning it at this point. Advance thanks for the replies. 

asked 20 Jun 2022 at 05:58 AM

denial wills
Answers: 2

vote

you have to get the programable footswitch for the code. the one that comes with it is very limited and does not use the full features of the C100 . there are videos on here and U tube about it.

answered 20 Jun 2022 at 06:24 PM

Mark Torres (5)

votes

I don't have this problem, and I think it's an individual issue. Sorry. 🤷🏻‍♂️

answered 20 Jun 2022 at 08:38 AM

Mark Lüttger (31)
Loading - please wait...