recording the code 50 with garageband

votes

im using garage band and it records but the issue i have is that it doesnt record my code presets . it doesnt sound the way im hearing it from the amp. if i disable the plug ins it just sounds like electronic mess. if i record just a audio track from usb out from the code it sounds like an electronic sound and not the sound of my amp. i can hear it combine with my amp when i turn the plug ins on put its not what i want. help ?

asked 24 Jul 2022 at 06:38 PM

Sean Eaves
Are you using a USB DATA cable? Some USB only provide power and not data, and they won't transmit information properly. Make sure there is a data transfer rate listed on the USB. Today I simply pugged my USB into the amp and into my Mac. I then fired up Garage Band and it right away asked if I wanted to use CODE as an input. I started a new project and then went into the settings to select CODE and both the input and output. It defaulted to the "Clean Tweed" on GB, but it was clearly my amp settings coming through, not the plugin sound. So I am thinking your problem is the cable. Try switching it out and see what happens. You can buy a quality USB mini cable with data transfer on Amazon and get it in a couple days. - Richard Stackon 25 Nov 2023 at 11:50 PM
Answers: 0
Loading - please wait...