Why won't gateway work with android 7.0, LG Stylo?

votes

asked 19 Nov 2017 at 05:04 AM

Jim Boundy
Let me specify, my phone says "device incompatible with this version" and won't let me download
- Jim Boundy 19 Nov 2017 at 05:08 AM
Answers: 1

vote

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your message. We do have users using the LG Stylo and have downloaded the Gateway app, please use the information below, which was given to us by Google Play for people with this issue.

Make sure you have an Internet or mobile data connection. Then, restart your device.

Update the date and time on your device.

Remount SD card:

Touch Menu > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card to disable the device's memory card.

Remove the SD card from the Android device. Wait a few seconds, then re-insert the SD card.

Disable the installation of apps with unknown sources:

Navigate to Settings.

Under the Personal header, touch Security.

Scroll down to Unknown sources and make sure that the slider to the right is off(grey).

Clear cache for Google Play Services app (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Clear cache > OK).

Clear cache data for the Google Play Store app.

Uninstall and reinstall the Play Store updates. (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Store app > Uninstall Updates > OK). As long as you have a strong Internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data), your Play Store app will update to the latest version within a few minutes.

As the problem appears on Games, uninstall the Play Games updates. (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Games app > Uninstall Updates > OK).

Install system updates. To do so, try the steps listed below:

Open your device's main Settings app.

Select About or System updates (depending on your device, this may be different).

If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your device.

Try installing again.

Make sure Download Manager is turned on.

Check your device's available storage.

Marshall Support

answered 20 Nov 2017 at 09:04 AM

I'm having this same problem. I followed the instructions above and it does not work with my LG stylo 2. I also figured that you'd have a iOS desktop version of the software for download since I have two macbook pros and an imac. Boy, you guys really missed that mark. Please provide desktop app for this amp. It sounds good, its just that we're missing all the bells and whistles if we're minus a compatible phone. - Sam Y 03 Dec 2017 at 03:26 AM
Loading - please wait...