MGFX30 - Volume knob problem

votes

Hello,

Last December I bought an MGFX30 amp. After a few months of use I realized that the volume knob does not correctly work. On either of the 4 channels if I turn the volume fully down, and then turn it up, the volume becomes faint and distant. If I then switch to any other channel without touching the volume knob, the volume of the other channel is correct, loud and clear. 

I returned the amp to the seller and it got replaced today to a brand new one. When I started to use it today, I immediately checked it, and have the same issue: the volume being turned fully down then up - sound is faint and distant, but other channels produce a loud, clear sound. 

I don't think that this is the way the amp should work. However, the odds of having two faulty models from the same seller seems to be very low. 

How can I fix this issue? Is this the way the volume knob supposed to work?

Thanks

asked 01 Aug 2022 at 04:46 PM

Viktor Tóth
Crackling in the volume pot ( potentiometer ...not called a ' volume switch') is due to dust or flaked off track particles inside the volume pot. The spray cleaner will clear that . If the conductive track is damaged then even a spray will not work. You will need to replace the pot.

?
?
- Akash kapoor1 09 Aug 2022 at 06:48 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Just change the volume knob. Not hard. I just changed one in a old valve fx rack mount.

answered 10 Aug 2022 at 08:39 PM

ted marek
I returned the amp to the seller and it got replaced today to a brand new one.
When I started to use it today, I immediately checked it, and have the same issue the volume being turned fully down then up - sound is faint and distant, but other channels produce a loud, clear sound.

I don't think that this is the way the amp should work. However, the odds of having two faulty models from the same seller seems to be very low.

[url=? Industrial Solutions, Inc.[/url]

- Blake Adam 23 Aug 2022 at 05:55 PM
Loading - please wait...